Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen many posts about rust problems on W210, and i've noticed that water tends to sit & get trapped on multiple areas. eg. underneath the door plastic trims, between the rear bumper and chassis, under the doors, between side skirts & chassis, etc.

this has to be a poor design b/c this can accelerate rust formation. to remedy this somewhat, i'm using an air spray w/ a long fine tip nozzle after i wash the car to blow all the trapped water out. you'd be amazed how much water comes out.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
ProV1x said:
i've seen many posts about rust problems on W210, and i've noticed that water tends to sit & get trapped on multiple areas. eg. underneath the door plastic trims, between the rear bumper and chassis, under the doors, between side skirts & chassis, etc.

this has to be a poor design b/c this can accelerate rust formation. to remedy this somewhat, i'm using an air spray w/ a long fine tip nozzle after i wash the car to blow all the trapped water out. you'd be amazed how much water comes out.
Nice tip...now you're immortal (until the servers crash): http://www.benzworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2501050#post2501050

I'd add that it's better all around to purchase a small air compressor and use one of the tips designed for this kind of purpose. While you could use canned air it's very pricey and bad for the environment. Plus you can use the compressor to keep your tires properly inflated; the money you don't waste on gas will pay for the compressor. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
Costco has this poratble air compressor for $100 =)
1-1/2 HP Portable Horizontal Air CompressorWith 2-in-1 18-gauge Brad Nailer & 18-gauge Stapler$99.99Item # 102932
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Features:

• 1-1/2 HP Portable Horizontal Air Compressor
    • 115v/60Hz
    • Oil-lube pump for durability
    • 1.5 induction motor
    • 2.4 CFM at 90 PSI
    • 3.4 CFM at 40 PSI
    • 115-PSI maximum pressure
    • UL listed
    • Dimensions: 17.25" x 8" x 17"
    • Weight: 32.8 lbs.
    • 2 gallon capacity
    • 1 year limited warranty
  • 2-in-1 Up to 18-gauge brad nailer & 18-gauge stapler
    • 25’ coil hose
    • Dimensions: 11" x 2.13" x 9.75"
    • Weight: 3.2 lbs.
    • 1 year limited warranty

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
^^^^ :thumbsup:

And you can use the nailer to hold down all those pesky loose trim pieces!! :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greg, wow i'm part of benzworld history now huh??! :D

i used can spray stuff b/c i had a few of them lying around, but yes the compressor is a great idea. but my gf is already pissed that i'm piling up stuff in the garage, i cant wait to see her expression when i buy that huge compressor. LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts