Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz S-Class
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if its possible (using some smart hack or so) to watch TV/DVD's in front while driving. Usually, as soon as I start driving, it blocks the screen and only audio remains...

In the back the two other screens keep displaying happily, just not the front one. I understand it's for safety reasons - but I'm not the one who wants to watch, it's my friend on the front passenger seat. Yes, and I promise I wont get distracted :)

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if its possible (using some smart hack or so) to watch TV/DVD's in front while driving. Usually, as soon as I start driving, it blocks the screen and only audio remains...

In the back the two other screens keep displaying happily, just not the front one. I understand it's for safety reasons - but I'm not the one who wants to watch, it's my friend on the front passenger seat. Yes, and I promise I wont get distracted :)

Yes, its possible to have video or DVD work at any speed with a video-in-motion module... take a look at the following link to see how it works:

YouTube - Mercedes 221 S class Video In Motion

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz S-Class
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey there

thanks for ur answer. where can I get this module from and is it possible to built it in myself?

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
IS IT POSSIBLE TO WATCH TV IN THE US SPEC S-CLASS

yes it is possible for all S models but some are easier than others. If you have a w221 (2007-present) then its relatively easy: you need a tv tuner, vim and some cables. If you have a W220 then you need the tuner, cables and RGB interface which is more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts