Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was hoping the collective knowledge of this site might be able to help me out. A friend of mine just recently purchased a 2006 S350. Basically his problem is that everytime he wants to watch a movie on his system (I'm guessing it's a DVD/Nav combo, I haven't seen it in person yet) the screen puts out a message that says something about dimming the screeen so as to not distract the driver. I know that this is a safety feature and most of the time it's something simple like a wire that's attached to the parking brake. I was just curious if anyone was in a similar situation and found a solution. I was trying to research his problem but I don't know if it's because he has a new car or if the system is new, but I haven't found a lot of information on it. My other question is, is it possible to add additional headrest monitors to the car without too much trouble. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Oliver

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,096 Posts
With respect to your friend being able to watch DVDs from the driver's seat while driving, why would ANYONE want to share the road with such a person - let alone help them become a traffic hazard that we might have to deal with on the highway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skylaw - 5/3/2005 7:14 PM

With respect to your friend being able to watch DVDs from the driver's seat while driving, why would ANYONE want to share the road with such a person - let alone help them become a traffic hazard that we might have to deal with on the highway?
Let me clarify. My friend has 3 kids. He doesn't care if he's able to watch movies while driving but he would like for his kids to enjoy this feature on long trips. He wants to eventually setup headrest monitors for the rear passengers as well. I seriously doubt, the family man that he is, would endanger his children by not giving 100% attention to the road. In addition, do you think that he would spend 65K on an automobile just to risk crashing it, I don't.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,096 Posts
cyberz350 - 5/2/2005 8:04 PM

Basically his problem is that everytime he wants to watch a movie on his system

-Oliver
Glad you clarified.

With the stuff I see people do in cars - many of them expensive - every day I commute, including reading the newspaper while doing 70, nothing surprises me.

·
Registered
SLK200
13 Posts
I don't know where you are located, but a DIAGsoft unit connected to the COMAND will disable this safety feature in a couple of minutes. In Germany they charge 55 Euro to come and do it at your house. In the UK I seen people charge £130 for the same thing.

Go to eBay and enter 'OMAND DVD region free' as a search and you will find the guy who does it in Germany as he always has an auction running.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 SS (M-F) / 2003 SL500 (Sat/Sun)
14 Posts
my friend has a playstation 2 in his car with a tv in the dash and one day he picked me up to go to the mall and he was on the highway playing enduroracer while driving steering with his knee. He crashed like 5 times in the game and that got me nervous! Now thats dangerous! I'm not riding with him again !!!!!!

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
domoftvandnav2go - 6/10/2005 11:20 PM

Hi
We can convert your USA comand unit so you can have video in motion. Yes we can even convert the W211 and W220 comand. Please visit us at www.TVandNav2Go.com
Thanks Dominic
I want to have flames shoot out of my gas tank......Can you do that?

·
Registered
2004 AMG E55
5 Posts
ThrillKill - 6/17/2005 8:37 PM

domoftvandnav2go - 6/10/2005 11:20 PM

Hi
We can convert your USA comand unit so you can have video in motion. Yes we can even convert the W211 and W220 comand. Please visit us at www.TVandNav2Go.com
Thanks Dominic
I want to have flames shoot out of my gas tank......Can you do that?
oh heck anyone can do that! got a zippo and a buck knife?

joke! [:D]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts