Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watch out for this ad on Ebay. Not only is the seller, promoting the car as Rare he is promoting it as the last 126 Made.LOL I gently emailed him to point out that maybe he has been mis informed and I know he did not intend on False advertising. So anyway if your on Ebay shopping watch out for this add. If they are mis informed or Maybe Lieing?lol Could be the millage is also misinformed, maybe even wrecked?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4550373798&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man, that is one windy ad. I have posted a lot of auctions and the goal is to get my point across without spending 2 hrs to do it.
This guy gives history lessons with his......gm

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I am sure all that information looks good. However I am not a mechanic, so I know little about Cc's and all that jazz, but I do know when the car was built and where.lol If I knew more, I wonder how many other things in that ad are fictional?lol I did email the guy, but he has not emailed me back as of yet.

·
Registered
1985 300SD
831 Posts
What a bunch of frickin' crap. This guy really is long winded. Even if I was looking for a 560 and I really liked that car I still wouldn't buy it off of him.

Notice how he says the car is meticulously maintained at a MB dealer, fluids changed every blah, blah, blah. Then goes on to say that there are no records!!!!

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
I just hate the word "meticulously".... people use that word so often that it has losts its real meaning.

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
Jessie O. Palm Beach Florida

As you are a new member to the forum, Question: all your postings seem to be on the negative side?

As to your comments to this Ebay item. Question: sounds as though some one with real MB knowledge burned your low bid!!! and you are ticked off?

I reviewed the Ebay item and this seller has all the correct details and photos to effect a serious sale?

Post some photos of your Florida 1988 salt-rusted 300 E and see what comments you might get on this forum!!!

Other then that welcome to the forum.

MBGary

1988 560 SEC AMG Euro 64,000 Klms
1988 560 SEL Euro 76,000 Klms
1998 Volvo C70 Turbo 55,000 Klms
2004 Pacifica 15,000 Klms

MBGary

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Post some photos of your Florida 1988 salt-rusted 300 E and see what comments you might get on this forum!!!
Yeah, whenever I'm used car shopping I always stay away from Florida cars. They only have 2-3 months per year of warm weather, lots of rain and it snows 8 months of the year... No wait, that's Canada I'm thinking of, where you get salt rusted cars not from the warm ocean breezes, but from the Morton's salt factory dumping half of their inventory on the road.

·
Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
579 Posts
look at the sellers name- somebody donated this car and the organization is selling it. last 560??...

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Or somebody wanting the buyers to think that way - if it really is a real charitable organization, they'd let the buyer know where (to what kind of cause) the money is going. In the lengthy description, I did not see any indication that the seller is a certified charitable entity.

Watch out, indeed.

·
Registered
2006 E500, 2013 S550 and a retired 88 SDL
424 Posts
I don't have a problem with the history lesson, but I do have a problem with generic sales pitch.

Check out the Lexus he's selling, same language in both descriptions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts