Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ML320 2003 VW CC 2010
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm from the w126 forum and I've been askin this question over there as well. I wanted to get some more power out of the car. My father and uncle both suggested removing the turbo wastegate as its a limiter. So has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
85 300D, 84 300D, 05 Mustang GT Vert, 11 VW JSW TDI, 95 Del Sol, 88 IROC, 95 Villager, 04 Wrangler
602 Posts
Sounds like a good way to lift the head. I'd find a way to keep some sort of limit on the boost.

·
Registered
Daily Drive 82 240D 4 speed
291 Posts
i would suggest getting yourself a boost gauge, and look online into "DIY manual boost controller" Basically what it does is it allows you to cut off the signal to the waste gate so it doesn't open, until you reach your higher set boost level. Much better path as it won't put such a strain on your turbo than letting it just run wild.

Besides, your not going to gain any power unless you add more fuel to the mixture as well. Does your 126 have the 617, or 603 engine? either way you can remove the rack limiter to increase your maximum fuel output.

I would suggest checking out superturbodiesel dot com.

might want to look into picking out a small intercooler, say off a saab,subie, vw or audi, though water to air is generally the preferred route. those are just better if your doing a budget build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts