1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Using McBear's logic this actually makes sense. We will adjust the metrics so that it make Bush look like he is a hero.

Genius I say! Absolute genius!

Washington Times - Price dip adjusts Bush's gas legacy
You needed to add the McConnell spokesdrone quote for even better effect.

"I wonder if the same people who blamed the president for the increase in prices will now credit him with the reduction in prices. It's only fair," said Don Stewart, spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican.
Which brings up the obvious question, if he had his hand on the wheel the whole time, exactly how did the prices spike in irrational fashion earlier this year and provide the coup de grace to the economy?

Interesting that the recession didn't have anything to do with it. But then the Moonie Times may be on the same old scale of calculating recessions that nobody uses any longer.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You needed to add the McConnell spokesdrone quote for even better effect.

Which brings up the obvious question, if he had his hand on the wheel the whole time, exactly how did the prices spike in irrational fashion earlier this year and provide the coup de grace to the economy?

Interesting that the recession didn't have anything to do with it. But then the Moonie Times may be on the same old scale of calculating recessions that nobody uses any longer.
Actually the obvious question is what McConnell said. Where are the apologies from the hate mongers that wanted to propagate the myth that the high prices were all Bush's fault?

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
^ You can't have it both ways. Did he, or did he not lower prices? If you say he did, that implicitly means he raised them too (tacitly or purposely).

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Look at the logic of ol' Tnt: Bush wrecks the economy, the price of gas falls because average smucks are losing thier jobs left and right and can no longer afford a tank of gas, and his conclusion: Bush is a hero!

Logic like that is why the American people kicked their asses out of office.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
So who is the Hero?

Sarah Palin?

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Feel The Love Enterprises now offers a set of images of Sarah Palin in bondage with a rubber ball stuffed in her mouth, for those with ejaclulation issues. We guarantee it can make a dead man come.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Are we in a recession yet?

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Jayhawks solution to high gas prices, and a lesson in Repiglican economics: Let investment banks run amok, shitting the entire economy down the rat hole. Add wasted billions in Iraq, and existing new trillions in debt! Viola! Instant low gas prices!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Jayhawks solution to high gas prices, and a lesson in Repiglican economics: Let investment banks run amok, shitting the entire economy down the rat hole. Add wasted billions in Iraq, and existing new trillions in debt! Viola! Instant low gas prices!
^Tell us FTL how you took advantage of the low interest rates in the past few years--new car, new mortgage? While you are at it, calculate and tell us your projection for the growth in the national debt for 2009 compared to 2008. Did you enyoy the Dow at 14000? Will you blame the Bamster for the $3.00 gas next summer?

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
I like high oil prices, hope Obama gets it to $8 a gallon. I have hardly any debt, my house is paid for, I don't like living like Republicans who are one step behind bankruptcy if their wife loses her job. Let me know if you're upside down in your trailer, I'll see what I can do, I can always use another rent house.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I like high oil prices, hope Obama gets it to $8 a gallon. I have hardly any debt, my house is paid for, I don't like living like Republicans who are one step behind bankruptcy if their wife loses her job. Let me know if you're upside down in your trailer, I'll see what I can do, I can always use another rent house.
You missed the Dow and the Debt. And you would have to take in a lot of mortage to buy my "trailer." But if you buy rentals for cash, you aren't as smart as you try to appear.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Actually, I didn't miss the DOW, I missed the Dow's collapse, having sold all my holdings on Nov 26, right before the Dow shit the bed. I made a couple of hundred grand just on one stock, which I won't tell you the name of, but I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "apple". I even posted about it on this forum, advising others here to do so as well. Jayhawk told me at the time, I was an idiot. Have you seen how he looked later? I have a picture of him watching the Big Board. Hey, how's your 401k? Let me know if you need a place to stay, I know I great bridge in Houston.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Actually, I didn't miss the DOW, I missed the Dow's collapse, having sold all my holdings on Nov 26, right before the Dow shit the bed. I made a couple of hundred grand just on one stock, which I won't tell you the name of, but I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "apple". I even posted about it on this forum, advising others here to do so as well. Jayhawk told me at the time, I was an idiot. Have you seen how he looked later? I have a picture of him watching the Big Board. Hey, how's your 401k? Let me know if you need a place to stay, I know I great bridge in Houston.

Actually, I was hoping you'd give Bush some credit for the 14,000 and ding the Bamster for the upcoming debt. But simple consistency is not to be expected from you.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really is comical how these reprobates want to blame Bush for it all. If that is the case then Obama gets all the blame for when he can't fix it, not to mention that he will have to be hailed as less intelligent than Bush because he can't figure out how to fix Bush's mistakes.

Let's try some reality here.

Bush's blame lies in the fact that his administration did not aggressively enforce financial regulations that limited certain practices.

Congress' blame lies in the fact that they created policy that rewarded institutions for taking on bad loans that would be defaulted on.

Clinton opened the gates wider with his expansion of the penalties of the CRA.

Throw in the Graham-Bliley act as an exacerbater.

This is a problem that has been going on for some years. And before you start foaming at the mouth with your Bush Derangement Syndrome kicking in, the Bush administration tried to warn Congress about this but Congress chose to do nothing about it back in 2004 with that infamous video of Barney Frank telling everyone at the hearing that there was no problem and that this was just a case of bigots trying to push their racist agenda.

So in short, Bush had as much to do with the rise and fall of gas prices as the pilot of the Space Shuttle has with the successful launch. He sits their and throws a few switches and when things hit critical mass you are just a passenger controlling the general direction of an upwardly mobile, highly explosive, speeding ship.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
It really is comical how these reprobates want to blame Bush for it all. If that is the case then Obama gets all the blame for when he can't fix it, not to mention that he will have to be hailed as less intelligent than Bush because he can't figure out how to fix Bush's mistakes.

Let's try some reality here.

Bush's blame lies in the fact that his administration did not aggressively enforce financial regulations that limited certain practices.

Congress' blame lies in the fact that they created policy that rewarded institutions for taking on bad loans that would be defaulted on.

Clinton opened the gates wider with his expansion of the penalties of the CRA.

Throw in the Graham-Bliley act as an exacerbater.

This is a problem that has been going on for some years. And before you start foaming at the mouth with your Bush Derangement Syndrome kicking in, the Bush administration tried to warn Congress about this but Congress chose to do nothing about it back in 2004 with that infamous video of Barney Frank telling everyone at the hearing that there was no problem and that this was just a case of bigots trying to push their racist agenda.

So in short, Bush had as much to do with the rise and fall of gas prices as the pilot of the Space Shuttle has with the successful launch. He sits their and throws a few switches and when things hit critical mass you are just a passenger controlling the general direction of an upwardly mobile, highly explosive, speeding ship.
You had a pretty good analysis going until the last paragraph. Then the wheels came off.

Now, look at your first point. Bush and regulations. See how that ties into CRA, Gramm Leach Bliley and the issues become pretty simple. CRA was in force [WITH REGS], GLB was passed by Rep Congress which removed many regs BUT was maintained [WITH REGS] and Congress created legislation that allowed bad behavior if they fell outside of REGS. The common denominator in that whole thing is FAILURE TO REGULATE. Just read Bush speeches as he promotes his vision of "free market". He intentionally moved to a stance of LAX regulation. It was not ineptness, it was an intentional doctrine for which he did not understand the consequences of his actions. He does now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts