Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Unimog TLF-8, 65 Unimog RadioBox, 63 L3304 Anti-Tank Gun Vehicle
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the weekend i bought another unimog. Its a 1965 radio box 404 located here
in Florida.

I wont take delivery for another several weeks. I plan on installing petronix electronic
ignition, bleeding the brakes and changing the fluids before driving it home.

I was told the unimog at one time was owned by the Washington Redskins - does anyone
know anything about its past owners or the trucks history ???

I forgot to get a photo copy of the title that has the previous owners info on it,
as I recall it was sold in 2003 from a couple by the name of ( williams ) that
were located in Tallahassee Florida. The sale of the truck on the title was typed
in at the cost of $19,000

It currently has a Maryland Title.

It seems to have all the typical issues for its age as you would expect for a nice

The only thing I found during my inspection that bothered me was someone at one
time had installed ATF in the Transmission, when I check the fluid level just barley
on the tip it came up RED. Bright red so I guess its not been in their long.

I will keep you posted on any updates as we move along with the project.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything about this trucks history.

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
mogmedia said:
had installed ATF in the Transmission, when I check the fluid level just barley
on the tip it came up RED. Bright red so I guess its not been in their long.
Not that suprising. Some in the trucking industry uses ATF in their manual trans. A mog guy in NY..... name escapes me at the moment.... that ran a snow plow etc. biz with mogs suggested I run it in mine too.

Stop by and see me on your way you'll go right by Panama City on your way to Tally. Will be happy to ride along or drive up and follow you back thru PC as a back up vehicle. If nothing happens in the two hour drip between PC and Tallly you should be good to go the rest of the way. I can give you a few short cuts to Tally also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts