Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMO, best upgrade for a car is a fresh coat of wax. Im curious to know what you guys use - from towels and soap to polish, clay and wax! Exterior or interior, anything goes.

Any special techniques?

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts
+1 on Zaino!

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport,4matic, Artic White
71 Posts
I use Meguiar's products front to back, It's free!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 C220CDI & 1978 300D
6 Posts
I'm very new at keeping my car clean, but here is what I use:

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss for Washing, along with a wool mitt and a good quality waffle weave towel to dry.

Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze. I use this on the paint as well as the wheels. Top off with a quality wax if you like (I use Pinnacle Signature Wax).

I also love Plexus to clean and protect any plastic like headlights, taillights, etc.

303 Aerospace Protectant on all vinyl interior.

I don't yet have a "regime" for cleaning the car except for the wheels. Here is what I do:

Spray with Mercedes own brand Light Alloy Wheel cleaner (just because I don't want any trouble with the wheels and it seems to work well). Let it dwell and then wash with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and a boar hair brush. I use a detailing brush to get into the lug holes. Dry with a waffle weave towel. I then use Michelin Brake Dust Repellant on the rims. It seems to to reduce the amount of brake dust on the rims, and certainly makes them easier to clean later. Brake dust can generally be wiped off.

As I said, I am new to detailing, so please consider this as just what I do.

Glenn

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Our Forum Needs Of No Bimmer Help

IMO, best upgrade for a car is a fresh coat of wax. Im curious to know what you guys use - from towels and soap to polish, clay and wax! Exterior or interior, anything goes.
Any special techniques?
Look up above on the threads page, there is a full thread dedicated to car care from A to Z. It is quite informative, and if you have questions left they'll answer them fast and accurately. I don't think you need to go to any Bimmer forum to find out how to detail a Mercedes.

I like Meguiars and Zaino, all by the book.

Cheers and happy motoring, JV

·
Registered
2008 W204
86 Posts
^ Another hater!

I provided the link just for the convenience of the members here and that's what I can think of at the time. When it comes to car care, it doesn't matter what car you drive as long as the result is good, that's all it counts.

No need to start a war here!

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
^ Another hater!
I provided the link just for the convenience of the members here and that's what I can think of at the time. When it comes to car care, it doesn't matter what car you drive as long as the result is good, that's all it counts.
No need to start a war here!
Relax Thin Skin. Nobody is starting a war. But if we need to go outside to learn how to keep our car detailed, MB is in a lot of trouble. We have a nice detailing thread, and that's all I stressed. Apparently you're one of the fortunates who don't know what a war is. Chill up and enjoy motoring. I never liked Bimmers, since they gave me a 750i in '79 instead of a Mercedes Limo as a Company car.

Cheers, JV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts