Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble hooking this up. I Have one clear (yellowish) hose that enters a coupler and branches into two clear hoses. I also have another clear hose in the front of the car with a white cap on it, which empties the resovoir if i let it hang. ANy idea how to properly hook these up?

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
Do you have headlamp wipers? If so, you will have 2 washer fluid pumps on your

reservoir. The one more toward the front of the car is for the windshield washers, and the one more toward the rear is for the headlamps. The headlamp washer line wraps around the rear of the reservoir and heads toward the front of the car then hits a y-adapter that is also a check valve. The two lines go off from there to the two headlamps. The windshield washer line goes up through the opening that the reservoir sits in and then travels over the right side fenderwell to the windshield.

Brett

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got that part, but there is a clear tube behind the bumper on the bottom of the resovoir. If i let it hang it empties the resovoir. Any idea what i should do with it?

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
My car is a 97 model. There are no other washer fluid tubes exiting my washer

fluid reservior besides those coming from the pumps. Your earlier model may be different.

Brett

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
The earlier cars had a clear visual tube next to the radiator with kind of float. It was deleted in 96/or so, mine broke and they told me to cap it off. I wanted it to be pristine so I purchased the stupid thing for $20.The hose is kind of a white braided thing probably 6 inches long.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Not quite, the other end of the hose plugs, into the bottom of that plastic tube. If you dont have the indicator, cap it, they sell those little rubber caps at most auto stores for capping vacuum.
My indicator was cracked and the fluid slowly leaked out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts