Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
馃槓Thought it was a radiator leak at first and got mad, just washer fluid leaking. Looks like the electric fan comes out? This one is a 1992 300se SWB sedan. Thought I was all caught up on the cars.

Any tips on the tank replacement?

Premium Member
馃槓Thought it was a radiator leak at first and got mad, just washer fluid leaking. Looks like the electric fan comes out? This one is a 1992 300se SWB sedan. Thought I was all caught up on the cars.

Any tips on the tank replacement?
Headlight removal is necessary. Do a search for Headlight removal.

Registered
If it's the tank itself leaking, you need to remove the right headlight, and the splash shield under the engine to gain access to the mounting bolts and hoses, and to lower the tank out of the car. If it's just the pump(s) and/or or the rubber insert that holds the pump in the tank that are leaking, you just need to remove the splash shield, or the right front plastic inner fender to gain access.

Jon

Registered
FWIW, believe it or not, the Dollar General store chain sells a space-age, high-tech sealant/adhesive called "E6000" in a grey tube, for 2 dollars. if you have a cracked washer tank, it will seal the cracks.

that stuff is so damned STRONG, I repaired a broken propeller blade on my bass fishing boat motor. I snapped one of the plastic props clean off the motor, dropped it in the garage. I glued one side of the prop surface back on with JB Weld, then ran out of JB. So I opened a tube of E6000 and glued the other side. and went fishing the next day.

on the way back into shore, I noticed the prop dangling in the water, what happened was the JB weld repaired side broke, but the E6000 side held, and managed to keep the prop on, until I got to shore.

that's just how strong that stuff is.

I then glued the other side of the prop with E6000 as well, and have been using it for 3 years now.

I also reattach and glue all our family shoe soles, when they start to peel off the uppers prematurely, with the E6000. they don't make shoes like they used to, all are mostly made in China, and fall apart in no time. after being glued with that stuff, they last until the uppers literally fall apart and are paper thin. just did my wife's sandal straps on her work shoes, and a pair of Nike Shox sneakers tips yesterday.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, believe it or not, the Dollar General store chain sells a space-age, high-tech sealant/adhesive called "E6000" in a grey tube, for 2 dollars. if you have a cracked washer tank, it will seal the cracks.

that stuff is so damned STRONG, I repaired a broken propeller blade on my bass fishing boat motor. I snapped one of the plastic props clean off the motor, dropped it in the garage. I glued one side of the prop surface back on with JB Weld, then ran out of JB. So I opened a tube of E6000 and glued the other side. and went fishing the next day.

on the way back into shore, I noticed the prop dangling in the water, what happened was the JB weld repaired side broke, but the E6000 side held, and managed to keep the prop on, until I got to shore.

that's just how strong that stuff is.

I then glued the other side of the prop with E6000 as well, and have been using it for 3 years now.

I also reattach and glue all our family shoe soles, when they start to peel off the uppers prematurely, with the E6000. they don't make shoes like they used to, all are mostly made in China, and fall apart in no time. after being glued with that stuff, they last until the uppers literally fall apart and are paper thin. just did my wife's sandal straps on her work shoes, and a pair of Nike Shox sneakers tips yesterday.

Thanks I'll check that stuff out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts