Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
V220 CDI AMBIENTE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my only key for my v220 in my trousers and my wife washed them this morning. The central locking wouldn't work but the key unlocks the doors and starts the engine. Only problem is i can't stop the alarm going off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1999 108 Cdi Traveliner, 1999 V220 Cdi, 2003 V220 Cdi
185 Posts
Gawd!

It's an expensive and time consuming affair to get a replacement remote fob. Cost me £100 quid for the fob. Once that arrived I had to have it coded to the van by Merc, for a king's ransom.

The only thing I can suggest is to shake out as much water out of the fob, remove the batteries, and carefully dry it out in a warm, dry environment, or use a hair dryer. Perhaps some water dispersant will help too.

There are tips on the web for drying out water damaged mobile phones...worth a look perhaps?

Can't help with the alarm, I'm afraid. Anything in the users manual?

Hope this helps...a little.

Cheers,

Rob

(P.S. Bet she'd have found the keys if you'd left a fiver in the pocket too! :D)

·
Registered
V220 CDI AMBIENTE
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I put the fob in a bowl of salt and then put it in a 80 degree pie oven and left it for a couple of hours. just got home and tried it and it works! Was quoted £220 by mercedes for a new one. A fiver wouldn't have made any difference she once washed my daughters trousers with 5 £20 notes in. Had to put them under the laptop to dry! I shall gaurd the fob with my life now. Now iv'e got to creep round the missus after blasting off at her at 6.00 am this morning. Cheers

·
Registered
1999 108CDI
371 Posts
You could make out that you did replace the fob and divert 220 quid to the slush fund...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts