Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to get a new set of tires yesterday after 23K miles on the originals. On the way home, the system told me to check tires pressure. So i thought it must be the TPMS. So I ran through the dash computer and I couldn't find the setting for TPMS but found "Run Flat Indicator". I looked through the manual and it stated Run Flat Indicator (Canada Only) and TPMS (USA Only). By the way, I have an 06 R500 “Sak 5th edition”

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to get a new set of tires yesterday after 23K miles on the originals. On the way home, the system told me to check tires pressure. So i thought it must be the TPMS. So I ran through the dash computer and I couldn't find the setting for TPMS but found "Run Flat Indicator". I looked through the manual and it stated Run Flat Indicator (Canada Only) and TPMS (USA Only). By the way, I have an 06 R500 “Sak 5th edition”
I would hazard a guess that you do not have TPMS since you would see the tyre pressures in each of the tyres if TPMS is installed. The Run Flat indicator tells you that there is an imbalance in the tyre pressures in one or more of your tyres so do check which one it is ! Once refilled, you re-enable the system by Reactivating/re-calibrating the sensor in the Menu. I have been filling my tyres with Nitrogen since Day 1 and find that there are quite a few benefits in doing so - not least the fact that the tyres maintain their pressure for a much longer time and also run cooler. The variation in pressure from hot to cold starts is therefore much less. Ride is more comfortable a little softer than running on compressed air in the tyres. Being an inert gas, the Nitrogen will corrode the rubber walls and tyre valves much less. Hope this helps.. :surrender:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. By now, I am quite sure my car doesn't have TPMS. The question I have is why my car have the "Canada Only" option when I bought this car in the US

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would certainly go back to your dealer and put this to him - especially since the Saks 5th Ed. is meant to have all the bells and whistles installed !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would certainly go back to your dealer and put this to him - especially since the Saks 5th Ed. is meant to have all the bells and whistles installed !
Hardly.

No Xenon, no foglights, no power liftgate, no second row console....oh well, I guess if the wife wanted it, didn't matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts