Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commented on Edmund's forum but my message was politely rejected because I used a "'masked' profanity," i.e., the word "$hitless." Maybe the host went to Berkeley. Here's the offensive message:

"Way Dumb C&D Review!

"The lastest Car & Driver review was a real laugher/stinker. They of course picked their client's 330i as #1. More interesting however, is who BMW is apparently scared $hitless of based on who scored last and it's not the C-Class.

"You know who they're afraid of by looking at who they put last and it was VW's "W8" in last place at 6th. Coming in 5th was the C320 so that's pretty fearsome too.

"More interesting than all of the made up reviewer hooey is some objective stats that apparently are not tinkered with too much, e.g., C's best in skid pad over every other car by a healthy (i.e., safe) margin (others in the competition: Accura's 3.2L, Type-S, Audi's A4, G35).

"Also, the C320 also romps over everything in the 50-70 dash.

"At the top of the bogus rankings has got to be the supposedly objective stat that gives the 330i honors for top performance at 50-70-- I don't believe that for a minute: the driver must have been the world's "best throttle tip-in" man around.

"The styling scores are the biggest laugh though. After giving no other car a 10 in any category, while giving you know who 10s in nearly half of them, they give no car a 10 for styling. Does that mean the reviewers have a much better idea about what styling should have been to get the top score: I guess their "chosen one" should pay a few more bucks to have access to C&D's styling tips.

"Oh! And anyone that bought a loaded C for about $40k or less, you'll be happy to know that your car has magically appreciated by big bucks. C&D says the base price is over $40k and their car as tested was over $48K-- go figure-- more than a base priced '03 E-Class. Wow. I guess we did make the right choice; at those inflated prices, I should be able to sell our car for more than we bought it for."

Well that was it. I've read some pretty outrageously stupid things on Edmunds, but I guess nothing profane. I'm not that disturbed about being bounced, but I do wonder about others' comments that I've been protected from.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All the reviews are bias in some way, just whether more or less. I personally wouldn't re...

All the reviews are bias in some way, just whether more or less. I personally wouldn't really believe in what magazine says.

Although it really does sucks that C&D gave the C class such a low rating. My girlfriend just bought a C320 a week ago, and i think is awesome.

·
Registered
C240 Sport
10 Posts
I just received my copy of C&D and thought the writer was really a biased fool. I thought ...

I just received my copy of C&D and thought the writer was really a biased fool. I thought his reference to "Rodney King" was absurd. His use of personal opinions in the article discredited the testing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts