Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Took my clk 230 1999 to a garage with a special interest in mercedes(Guy who used to work for a franchise) for my annual service.
I told him the batteries in my keys were gone, one completely gone for ages, the other performing erratically of late.He made some comment at the time about how it was probably the central locking although I had problems opening the boot as well.
When I came back in the evening, 7 hours later he told me that he had fitted a used central locking pump,and charged me £100 plus vat, on top of the £165 plus vat for the B type service.
He told me that I didn't want a new one as they cost over £300.
He didn't offer me the old part and I am wondering if he did anything other than change the batteries in the keys.
Any tips for checking this out would be gratefully received.
Or any opinions??
Thanks in advance,
Jarlath.[?][?]

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
This post is driving me nuts. I thought someone more knowledgeable than myself would have replied already. It sounds like you got corn-holed mate. Any service, and especially costs, should have been disclosed to you prior to any unagreed to service.
my experience with MB dealers has been relatively sour. They assume since you own an MB you'll pay through your nose for upkeep. I found a GREAT Russian mechanic who can fix everything, uses OEM parts and is very honest. I took my ML430 for new brakes all around. He called me back and said I only needed the front ones. he could have scammed me but he didn't, and thats why I tell everyone to go to him.
As far as seeing the old parts. If I asked to see an ignition module from a '78 Ford T-Bird and he showed me a baloney sandwich on rye, I might be duped. Ask to see the invoices from any parts he purchased for your vehicle (check dates and car make). And tell him not to fuck with you, cuz yer a badass,lol!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts