Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "funky noises" (earlier post) has been diagnosed by the dealer to be part of a service bulletin in which some suspension parts were not up to spec. On the front passenger side where the parts need to be replaced (and are on order), the outer tread of the right front tire is worn, I've got just over 20,000 on the clock and the dealer says that they will not cover the tire and that I should deal with Goodyear.

Should MBUSA cover the tab for the tire since it was the fault of the car and not the tire?

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
The "funky noises" (earlier post) has been diagnosed by the dealer to be part of a service bulletin in which some suspension parts were not up to spec. On the front passenger side where the parts need to be replaced (and are on order), the outer tread of the right front tire is worn, I've got just over 20,000 on the clock and the dealer says that they will not cover the tire and that I should deal with Goodyear.
Yes MBUSA Should Pick up the Tab...Its the car Not a defective tire..Dont let the Dealer try that.... You did not say if both tires were worn or only one side ..also did you have the car serviced ? The dealer should have rotated the tires/noticed the wear at the last service!Ask to speak to the DSM or call Mbusa!
What dealer are you Using?

·
Registered
2013 ML350, 2004 ML350
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

To answer your question, it is just one tire and yes the car has been serviced there.

The dealer in Kona had just replaced their Service Manager so everything is up in the air right now.

When I left for Los Angeles in August, the car had around 15,000 miles and little wear...now that I'm back in Kona the tire is bald.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts