Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

I have a w203 (2005), 3 years warranty will expire next month.
Unable about the check the mileage now, as I am out of town.
The car is seldom driven, only serviced 4 to 5 times (following the dashboard service reminder).
I am planning to send the car for service next week.
So what should I ask them to check?
Thanks for your time

Regards

·
Registered
271 Posts
If there is nothing wrong at the moment, I dont know if they need to check for anything. The best thing would be is to have them do the typical inspection at the next service. I am sure they where doing this each time anyway so that they could possibly sell you more services.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Check one of the stickies about oil in cam sensors. It highlites two of the most common problems on the M271 motor and both happen just after the warranty expires. It would be totally justified if you squeezed the vaccuum line in question to see if the rubber is still flexible and if it cracks in the process, you would have needed it replaced soon anyway. Also, it would be totally justified if you disconnected the cam sensors and look to see if there's any sign of oil on the connectors and left them disconnected to see if the check engine light comes on after you start your motor and then plug them back in. By the time you get to the dealer, you will have misfire codes from the cracked vacuum line and cam sensor codes and walla, they have to fix it under warranty, car good for another 50K miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I have then recalled, this problem has occurred in my car.
Mine is w203 2005. It happens after 2 yrs 8 months with 2x,000 KM only.
Refer attached picture.
Will search in forum for other problems that I need to aware of.

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/43442/2003210597584350203_rs.jpg

http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/44992/2003273451473958613_rs.jpg

Check one of the stickies about oil in cam sensors. It highlites two of the most common problems on the M271 motor and both happen just after the warranty expires. It would be totally justified if you squeezed the vaccuum line in question to see if the rubber is still flexible and if it cracks in the process, you would have needed it replaced soon anyway. Also, it would be totally justified if you disconnected the cam sensors and look to see if there's any sign of oil on the connectors and left them disconnected to see if the check engine light comes on after you start your motor and then plug them back in. By the time you get to the dealer, you will have misfire codes from the cracked vacuum line and cam sensor codes and walla, they have to fix it under warranty, car good for another 50K miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts