Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys <br> <br> I have been saving up for a Kleemann supercharger for a while now. Something always seems to come and I have to spend the savings. <br> Anyways, my 98 CLK320 has been consuming more oil that it should be. It now has 94000 miles. I brought it to the attention of my service guys at 70,000 miles a few months ago and they kept dropping the ball on followup measurements for oil consumption. Luckily my car is still under Starmark warranty to 100,000 miles so the entire engine will be replaced free of charge. This might be my lucky chance for an upgrade. Do you guys think that it would be possible to change the engine to perhaps the 4.3 V8 or perhaps even the AMG 5.5 V8 and I pay the difference of engine cost. How much more apart could that engines be costwise? I'll bet the 320 engine is probably in the area of 10,000 bucks? Starmark is payin I wonder if it is discounted as well to them. Will I need to get a new transmission as well? I'm going to ask my techs on monday. I was just podering the thoughts of having a 4.3V8 or an AMG 5.5 V8 in a 320 that would be the ultimate sleeper. <br> Feedback would be appreciated.<br>

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You are dreaming !!! There's no way they'll do that for you.........................................

<br> because puttting another different engine is not what you call 'plug and play'. It require so much modification. It not that easy like you think and by law, it illegal unless you have your car re-certify after the installation.<br> <br> On the other hand, if you take it to Brabus, Renntech..etc, they would have no problem putting in any engine you want because they are specialize in those type of mods and so they have kit made for it. They properly also have certification on hand, if they done it before.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you has an oil burned problem, the dealer is not gonna give you a complete new...................

<br> engine because your piston 'ring' is worn out. Which mean, they properly only gonna give you a 'short block' (bottom haft of the engine) only ('long block' is a complete engine).

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check with Renntech. They may get you a special

deal with your MB engine replacement warranty claim.<br> <br> Remember: EVERTHING IS NEGOTIABLE!<br> <br> http://www.renntechmercedes.com/<br>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: If you has an oil burned problem, the dealer is not gonna give you a complete new..............

O yes I have confirmed that the entire engine is ordered and is going to be replaced in its entirety from the service manager himself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts