Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got a V220 CDi (V Reg). Had the cluster replaced a few months ago (a week after I got it !) as the speedo packed up.

A few days ago the EDR warning light came on. Yesterday another warning light came on - this one is red, and looks like a van with a down arrow inside. Shortly after this came on, the front left wheel started squeeking/screeching. This shounded like a brake pad worn down, but when pushing the wheel back and forth, this noise continued so I'm worried this might be something to do with the drive shaft.

Unfortunately I dont have the owners manual, so would anyone be able to let me know what these warning lights mean and if I'm in trouble ? I dont have much luck with motor vehicles have spent almost £3000 in repairs in the last 6 months ! I bought a Merc for reliability !

The wheel issue may be unconnected but I'm getting it checked out by a garage later this week.

Appreciate anyones help.

Many thanks.

D.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you have a switch under the air con switch with the same symbol on it, if so it's the (ENR) electronic level control for the air suspension. Try starting the engine press this button at the top for about 2 seconds and the light should go out, then drive at a speed of at least 10 mph for a short while and this will re-set and the light should stay off, if not then I'm afraid you have a fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts