44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
strange problem :

I put the ignition key in position 2 and put light :

light are on

no warning on the dashboard

I start the engine

warning for light bulb appear on the dashboard

sometimes, for 2 - 5 minutes while driving the warning disappear and come back few minutes after

for sure :

all light are ok and working fine

I check connexion, nothing

any idea ??

thanks

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I know you said you checked the lights and they are working BUT are you certain that when you are IN the vehicle and the warning lights appear on the dashboard that the outside lights are STILL working?

Get a helper who can observe the outside lights when the warnings lights appear inside the car.

Personally, I believe you probably have a short somewhere or one of the bulbs is on its way out.

·
Registered
1997 W202-C180 Classic, smoke silver metallic, Lowered
271 Posts
brake or reversing lights?
those you can't do by your self easily
and just remember, 202's have reverse lights on both sides of the car, not the one like Volkswagens and other cars

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Check the bulbs if they are the correct one. I had that problem with my old 99 C280 Sport. The dealer sold me what it turn out to be Mitsubishi bulbs which they will squeeze it in the socket while the correct MB bulbs contact points are different positions than other bulbs.

The reason they did that is to have cheaper bulbs in stock than the original MB bulbs which costs twice as much. Now i have a small box full of new bulbs.

Back then every time i hit a bump on the road the warning light goes and off.

Rgds,

Eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts