Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2002 CLK 430 I picked up very cheap, since soft top system was broken. Figured out issue with the roof and decided not to fix (hydraulic pump, solenoids etc). The top works fine from a manual point of view and I'm happy with that. Now the stupid micro switches are alarming, the entire time I'm driving the car (the switches appear to be intermittent and go on or off based on bumps on the road). So I want to defeat the chime or the micro switches. I have no intention of fixing the automated system for the roof (car not worth it).

I fixed the trunk release by relocating the trunk emergency switch to the dash, by splicing it into the CANBUS system.

So my ask
Best case, how do I defeat the micro switch loops (can anyone provide a schematic of the open and closed micro switch system) so I can build a circuit
Acceptable case, where is the dashboard warning chime located so I can defeat it?
Worse case anyone have a gallon of gas and some marshmellows?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize it has been 5 months since this was posted but did you ever figure this out? Having the exact same issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and it was the simplest fix, just above the rear view mirror is the sunroof / convertible console in the roof. The middle round item is the chime. I just popped mine out with a small screw driver, cut both wires and then popped it back into its original hole. No more chimes. I even fixed the trunk so it can release without a Key. Open the trunk, remove the key tumbler (a few bolts and pull away the trunk lid interior cover. The white plastic lever at the end of the key tumbler will unbolt and rebolt on offset by 90 degrees. Once that is done and the assembly reinstalled the trunk will open any time you press the centre portion of the key tumbler on the trunk (likewise you can never lock your trunk again, but I live in the bush, 40km from the nearest gas station). Good lunk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha thank you sir. I may not need to take it to that extreme just yet. Looking for a temporary fix for now to stop the incessant chiming while driving until i can get time to further diagnose it. Wondering if I can install some sort of switch to the chime. Appreciate the input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts