Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the cars will be subjected to severe sun and heat, are there any special things to look out for? - other than my wax melting off monthly, leather and dash exposed to the elements. What do the warm weather guys recommend?

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Sunscreen to protect the dash.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Tint the windows to the maximum allowed by the law on all 3 of your cars. If you like to live a little bit on the edge, then tint beyond the legal limit. Some areas do not care about illegal 5% tint at all. Some areas don't even care about people tinting their windscreen. I know 2 people who have done solid 5% tint on all their windows, including the entire windscreen and have never gotten pulled over. Purchase a sun screen for each car and put it up in the front window each and every time you park outside. Park out of the sun as much as possible and keep up with your exterior wax/polish and dressing. The tires will dry out and crack very quickly if you don't keep up with dressing them.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, guys! The sun screen in the windshield is a good idea. Thanks Mr. x, as you are from the land of the sun! But what about "dash covers" made out of carpet or velour? Wouldn't that accomplish the same goal?

And Kajtek1, one of the reasons for the move is the 30 X 30 garage! Room for 3 cars and a sideways boat! (Or, four cars!....)

·
Registered
35,785 Posts
Dash covers look ugly on MB. If you park on the sun for extended time -you can buy fold-able windshield cover that protects not only dash, but whole interior from extensive heat. I see some cars at BART (metro) parking lots under full covers. It needs to be good cover since the cheap one can actually rub the paint with some wind.
BTW it take some tricks to get inside hot car. Even we get pretty hot in California while in Las Vegas my wife got burns from belt buckle and I burn my hand on gear shifter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts