Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a quick test to see if my warm up regulator is functioning correctly (or at all)? I tried a search, and I'm either really bad at searching forums, or I missed something.
Reason I'm asking is, once warmed up, I've got this car running very well (fixed a LOT of vacuum leaks) but when I start cold, it runs rough, and stumbles on acceleration, until warm, then it runs awesome.

Secondly, if the WUR is faulty, is it rebuildable, and are there any write ups on this?

I'm sure all my answers are buried in this forum somewhere, but I cannot find them, so until then, I need a little help (and schooling on the search function)

Thanks in advance, Greg.

·
Registered
534 Posts
not an answer to your question, but i had similiar symptoms and it turned out multiple fuel injectors failed leakdown testing, and needed replacement. (and mines a 1991 with only 64k original miles)

If I were in your shoes, since you've tackled the vacuum leaks, I'd probably next perform fuel pressure testing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like you and I are working on the same thing. Like you I've replaced every bid of rubber and plastic that can cause an air leak and I still had a rough idle. So, I decided to open up my WUR and discovered that the diaphragm gasket was brittle and torn. I suspect that everyones 35 year old WUR is completely shot by now.

I started a thread a couple weeks ago on this. I'm still waiting on a repair kit that I order from an Australian company. They shipped right away, but it went to Germany first then NY. Anyway, I hope to see it sometime this week. In the mean time I've broken the old unit down and completely cleaned it. I've also been researching the calibration process. It sounds tricky... but doable.

I considered a remanufactured unit from a place in Texas called Special T Auto. However, I wasn't comfortable with their order process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Festool
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing