Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my car has always been idling rough in drive at 800-900rpm(or atleast 6 months), this is why i have kept my idle at 1000rpm in drive.
today i was at a red light and the car started to idle rough at about 1050, the engine was on or very close to operating temp.
i threw it in neutral and it was fine, but i went back to D the car stalled, and was very tough to get back running, it took another cycle of the intersection lights before i was on my way.
from there on, it did not want to idle in drive, oil pressure was good, temp was fine. im ordering a fuel filter today or tomorrow, but could it be something else? maybe my fuel pump, or a vaccum issue?

i am guessing my cold start injector is keeping the car running nicely on cold idle, and when it shuts off is when im having the problem. possibly due to a clogged filter.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright it appears as if the problem is fixed, and i gained a huge amount of power in the lower rpms, even though i havent driven my euro coupe in the past couple months i beleive it is just as fast as it now with a new fuel filter in my 81.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
So you just replaced the fuel filter and now it runs great? I ordered one last weekend and I hope to install it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wow. I have been having very similar issues with my 1980 US Coupe. After it warms up, it won't idle.

Did you replace the fuel filter at the pump near the right rear axle?

FB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts