Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 520 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prelude to War with Iran?

Prelude to War?
Another look at Iran, and what some informed acquaintances see as a possible prelude to war.

Step 1: Washington is pushing hard for terms, they know well enough cannot be met realistically.
Step 2: Once non compliance with said terms has been established, push, bully, beg, steal, or bribe, to create a general embargo on gasoline exports to Iran, i.e. get Russia, India, and China to play ball.
Step 3 ?

Without gasoline supplies from abroad, the Mullahs will have a hard time keeping control of the Country.

How and why did Japan enter WWII again?

·
66,894 Posts
When Israel is good and ready then we will attack on its behalf. That's what good allies do and Israel is our bestest friend in that whole region because the rest of them are out to get us.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When Israel is good and ready then we will attack on its behalf. That's what good allies do and Israel is our bestest friend in that whole region because the rest of them are out to get us.
Sure, let the 51th State earn its keep.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
"How and why did Japan enter WWII again?"

The British needed America in the war so we convinced the Japs that you were planning to attack them and so they attacked you first. Bingo America joins WWII;)

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
WWII was principally about world domination and secondly about obtaining the fuel to gain the first.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
"How and why did Japan enter WWII again?"

The British needed America in the war so we convinced the Japs that you were planning to attack them and so they attacked you first. Bingo America joins WWII;)
I like that one.......... :D

·
52,804 Posts
I like that one.......... :D
Actually Bruce there is reputed truth in it but it has never been proven thank god. Winston Churchill was desperate to bring America into the war, we needed their support badly in Europe and elsewhere, but if the intelligence services actually did achieve it we will, most probably, never know.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Actually Bruce there is reputed truth in it but it has never been proven thank god. Winston Churchill was desperate to bring America into the war, we needed their support badly in Europe and elsewhere, but if the intelligence services actually did achieve it we will, most probably, never know.
Seems hard to believe that the Japanese would take anything the British said at that point in time with anything but a grain of salt.
The Nips nailed you guys in Maylaya about the same time they hit us at Pearl Harbor.

·
52,804 Posts
Seems hard to believe that the Japanese would take anything the British said at that point in time with anything but a grain of salt.
The Nips nailed you guys in Maylaya about the same time they hit us at Pearl Harbor.
Fact is they were hitting us hard all around Asia at the time and we were spread thin, things were getting desperate.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
Fact is they were hitting us hard all around Asia at the time and we were spread thin, things were getting desperate.
The Japanese weren't spread all that thick either, just thick in the right places, keep in mind they were in China at the same time. There were a lot of troops in that country being tied up with all the things they were trying to do to, and with that country.

There are many that have said that the Japanese lead a very amateurish war, and were "lucky" to get as far as they did before they got slapped down.

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
2. Nip - (offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent
nip - definition of nip by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Any other racial slurs you wish to use to further our insight into your poisonous character?

·
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
Dope, Nip is quite polite compared with the terms the Chinese still use to refer to Japanese people.
No doubt, and few would argue that the Chinese at all levels have some progress to make with regard to human rights and international relations. That's still no justification for a bitter old man to make offensive racial remarks on an international forum, especially since he's bestowed with responsibility to oversee acceptable behaviour in certain parts of the site. A very bad example set by a moderator.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
No doubt, and few would argue that the Chinese at all levels have some progress to make with regard to human rights and international relations. That's still no justification for a bitter old man to make offensive racial remarks on an international forum, especially since he's bestowed with responsibility to oversee acceptable behaviour in certain parts of the site. A very bad example set by a moderator.
Interestingly, back in my childhood, television used "Nip" in place of "Jap" in order to be inoffensive. Check out the blooper at :28 where Tinker flubs his line by getting the words mixed before dissolving into laughter.

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
Interestingly, back in my childhood, television used "Nip" in place of "Jap" in order to be inoffensive. Check out the blooper at :28 where Tinker flubs his line by getting the words mixed before dissolving into laughter.

YouTube - Mchale's Navy bloopers
My paternal grandparents innocently used 'colourful' expressions, partly because in their time they were routine in some circles and partly because they were neither well educated nor worldly. Times have changed, values have changed and what passes as acceptable behaviour has changed. My point is that the role of moderators on a public, international, forum should be to set and maintain a level of conduct expected of all participants. What he says and does with his mates at church/temple or the local sports bar is irrelevant to this forum.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
My paternal grandparents innocently used 'colourful' expressions, partly because in their time they were routine in some circles and partly because they were neither well educated nor worldly. Times have changed, values have changed and what passes as acceptable behaviour has changed. My point is that the role of moderators on a public, international, forum should be to set and maintain a level of conduct expected of all participants. What he says and does with his mates at church/temple or the local sports bar is irrelevant to this forum.
Ouch. I'm only talking about the 60's here. YOU remember the 60's, don't you?

·
52,804 Posts
Ouch. I'm only talking about the 60's here. YOU remember the 60's, don't you?

OMG it's James Bond, I am such a hopeless fan of his:D:D

·
Registered
14,926 Posts

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts
Mama san is more affordable;

Attachments

1 - 20 of 520 Posts