Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:<br>
I am in search of a 1997 AMG E50. My first sight of an Mercedes E50 (1997) was when I worked at a local Porsche shop. We had a custom stereo shop next to our store (Momentum Porsche) that we did alot of business with (ie. alarms, stereo installs, phones, etc.) our customers Porsches. Anyway, we also washed and detailed cars for the stereo shop when they had a celebrity cleint in for a install. Well, Mr. Mario Elie (Houston Rocket at the time) left his 1997 E50 off for an alarm install. O MY GOD! That is what I first said when I saw the car! It was black on black, lowered (slammed) 2 or more inches, and was riding on gorgeous 18' 2-piece SL CHROME rims. I was drooling over this car and thought to myself that I would buy one of these car one day! And when I drove the car from the stereo shop to the Porsche store to get it detailed, WOOOWEEEE that sucker pushed you back in the seat like a 993 Twin Turbo and seemed to just as fast if not faster! If anyone out there knows where this car is or has an E50 for sale, I would be very interested in buying it. <br>
Thanks,<br>
Todd<br>
(713) 723-0166<p>ppp-64-219-95-124.dialup.hstntx.swbell.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The E50 was never imported to US. That car was a grey-market import..

and probably not sold thru MB dealerships. The car had to be converted to US spec or listed as a show vehicle. Look for a 1999 E55.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts