·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED! MY 2012 MERCEDES ML 350 BLUETEC
Exterior:diamond white metallic
Interior:black leather
Options:
Premium 1,Premium2,lighting package,Dynamic pack,KeyLess-Go,panorama,rear seat entertainment

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Has nothing to do about "waiting list" - your ML would need to be ordered.. I'd say maybe end March, latest April.. due to all three things lighting package and dynamic driving package (and what do you expect from the dp with the diesel?), and leather over MB Tex.

Also you don't seem to want lane assist or driver's assistance package, and you don't mention trailer hitch (a good thing since aftermarket is not yet available) - each of those three things is nonsensical not to have on a $60K+ ML.

And if it was me, I would order the ventilated seats since you are going to wait a bit, nice to have... but you haven't gone thru the dealer order sheet for the options you can order, that are not shown in the Ml brochure, right ?

If you need to balance off some cost, then get the rear entertainment system wired (also includes passenger front door seat controls) for $240 - and then have a aftermarket rear system installed, which outside of saving $2000, will give you independent DVD for each rear screen, while keeping the CD/DVD drive independent for the front.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Dynamic Handling Package

...(and what do you expect from the dp with the diesel?)...
Not sure about your point with that. No, the diesel is not a sports car, but the added on road comfort and off road prowess (disconnecting sway bars) will be just as useful as with the gas version, and the 20" wheels will look cool.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I guess some plan a return to Jurassic Park..the DP package on dealer orders has been matched with a select few 550's... DP on the diesel, haven't seen any of those optioned out in my market..

On the # of deep off-roaders buyers for a new $60K ML in reality are at most a handful... ask Wolfgang is you don't believe me. There are more in the used ML market under $30K.. we went thru this same conjecture cycle with both the intro/new W163 (and that was a lot of fun back then, better exchange of reality info between new owners at the beginning ML, no posers), .. and the dedicated off-road buyers on the later new W164 dropped off a lot, since more affordable used W163's were available..

On the W166 - the factory trailer hitch is awesome at the price, pre-wiring for rear DVD getting you passenger seat control/lumbar is awesome, the costing for lane pacakage and driver's assist - all features a road mavin will love.. lighting package when available will be awesome..it's great to shop, but on DP for a diesel frankly go with a factory order..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts