Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S500 W140
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 126 SE is going for a full respray soon, iam in the UK, its a 280se so it has the Gen 1 bumpers etc...

Now this might sound crazy but i Really like the Bulky look of the American Front and rear ! It looks nice with more chrome imo

And it would be a first here too iam sure !

If anyone can help me find some or maybe somone has a front and rear us spec bumpers in nice condition, pls pm me.

how much would postage be ? :rolleyes:

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
The delivery cost is going to be the part that hurts. Don't forget you'll need the compression mounts also. I'll give you my rear bumper and mounts from my SD ( it's the best part original part on my car at 95% perfect :) ) if you pay for shipping. You might be able to order new for not much more!

·
Registered
85 500sel grey market
23 Posts
I can get them complete all day long from the JY for under $100 US an end... but as AzimuthAviation pointed out, I believe shipping on such a bulky, over-sized part is going to kill your fun.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,498 Posts
I have a set of Gen II front and rear bumpers complete with the US gas shocks in very good to excellent condition and i as well would donate them if you pay the freight. They are off Sylvia and are painted a non EOM Silver Grey Metallic. I also have a rear US Gen I Bumper that was on the Bluebird that I'd donate as well for the freight.
As AA states, the freight will be detrimental to your wallet.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
I have a set of Gen II front and rear bumpers complete with the US gas shocks in very good to excellent condition and i as well would donate them if you pay the freight. They are off Sylvia and are painted a non EOM Silver Grey Metallic. I also have a rear US Gen I Bumper that was on the Bluebird that I'd donate as well for the freight.
As AA states, the freight will be detrimental to your wallet.
There's no difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 US bumpers.... they're all the same. Gen 1 and 2 differences are only observed on Euro bumpers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts