Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for either one of these items ( i guess your comments will me decide as well

original headlight cover( door)
as some one broke mine few days ago
so i have 3 choices
-Upgrade to Euro headlight (but i do have the wipers problem )
-Upgrade to E320 headlights
or
-Just buy a new pair of headlight cover( door ) and keep the original look

I am looking for any of these items and welcome your comments
as I was about to sell my 300ce Sportline I realize that for the money ... its an Amazing car ...(as we spent Well over $ 30 k on this car so far as the car was under the 100 k warranty)
so will keep this baby
eh eh
Terry

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find these on the internet and would welcome your comments on them

http://www.dtmwerks.com/
160 dollars for a set of complete headlights ( no light bulbs ) insurance and shipping included
the guy is in Canada and seams pretty honest
Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
comparisome to Katmac

I did find these on the internet and would welcome your comments on them

http://www.dtmwerks.com/
160 dollars for a set of complete headlights ( no light bulbs ) insurance and shipping included
the guy is in Canada and seams pretty honest
Thank you
Hard to say as I've not dealt with them, I have heard of them, and the lights appear to be the same lights Katmac sells, but it's hard to say for sure.

The one comment left about these DTM lights was positive, and the guy said he was going to hook up the vacuum adjusters, so they may be the same as what Katmac offers. The pictures on the DTM website are terrible and are not good marketing tools. He may have a good or equal product, but he doesn't advertise as well as he could.

I have seen several positive responses for Katmac on this server, and I would have bought his myself had I not stumbled on the lights I picked up.

All I can say is they "Appear" to be the same type as Katmac, but I don't know for sure, and the price may be about the same in the end anyway, after you have purchased the bulbs & connectors elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Katmac Link

thank you the ones from Katmac come with the connectors and bulbs?
Yea his lights are sold as a kit, bulbs, connectors, city lights, and instructions, the only addtional thing you need to buy is the blank filler plates which he also normally carries, but appears to be out of stock right now.

If you need too, just go to your local M/B dealer and order the blank filler plates from them.

Check out Katmacs website, he has a lot of useful info there

Katmac Imports: W124 (86-93 300E 400E) European Headlamps

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
thank you the ones from Katmac come with the connectors and bulbs?
Katmac will supply either "Tyc" or "Depo" from China.
Both excellent quality and with glass lenses.
You'll get the lamps and wiring harness with the Euro plug and great instructions.
Katmac also sells the blank plates to replace the wiper plates.
I've had mine on for almost two years and they are great.
I like the fact that they have the 5 watt "city lights".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts