Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a softtop computer for my 1995 320SL, it seems it has not the same computer as the 1989-1994 and the 1996-2001 series SL.
My chassisnumber is: WDB1290631F114406
If you have one, or know of one, please send me an email!
I am living in the Netherlands!
Thanks for looking!
Jack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea of the partnumber..the SL is 200km. away from me at the repair man...
He called me yesterday, the control unit was fixed? but it seems i have 2 alarms on the car, God knows why, he says the Mercedes guys were trying out some stuff..anyway, one of those two alarms is not working properly...that is the last problem with my car he says...there was water in the car, where the computers are, due to a clogged drain pipe.
So there are many problems to overcome...:crybaby2:
I will ask him for the partnumber, what do you want for it?
Thanks.
Jack

·
Registered
14 Posts
for the folding control unit #124-820-45-26 M-B price listed is $2,300. This one was purchased from a authorized M-B dealer used. $400. + the shipping.

·
Registered
661 Posts
R129 soft top controllers

I have no idea of the partnumber..the SL is 200km. away from me at the repair man...
jvdwolde, I have responded to your post on the R129 forum - it clearly states which part numbers work for your car. See your own post http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129-sl-class/1232472-where-can-i-buy-used-soft.html

He called me yesterday, the control unit was fixed? but it seems i have 2 alarms on the car, God knows why, he says the Mercedes guys were trying out some stuff..anyway, one of those two alarms is not working properly...that is the last problem with my car he says...there was water in the car, where the computers are, due to a clogged drain pipe.
So there are many problems to overcome...:crybaby2:
This is confusing. Why would you keep pursuing to buy a control module if the module is fixed? There are lots of helpful and knowledgeable members on the R129 forum that would be happy to help you with technical questions. Once you know better what remains to be fixed, or what the symptoms of the remaining malfunctions are, you can probably save a lot by posting a summary on the R129 forum.

Do you have an adress or email of Lighthouse?
Thanks.
Jack
Jack, all my contact info is in my signature, shown in the most recent response I give to any post. That includes the response I already gave to your previous post. You can email me at [email protected].

for the folding control unit #124-820-45-26 M-B price listed is $2,300. This one was purchased from a authorized M-B dealer used. $400. + the shipping.
This controller is usable only on the W124 E-class convertibles. If Jack's controller should be bad, he needs one of the following three p/n, which interchange:

Hope this helps,

-Klaus

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts