Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please share me some information about the Vito 110 CDI L Van? Am plannning to purchase one. Any problems with the airconditioning system? I live in a warm climate country like the Philippines. I need some help regarding this van's durability and performance. How does this compare to the Volkswagen Caravelle?<br>
<br>
Thanks much:)<br>
<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just purchased a Vito L 110CDI a few months ago and did compare this with the Caravelle owned by our office. There are pros and cons. <br> <br> I find the CDI engine impressive as it boast a relatively high bhp for it's engine displacement. This of course will result to better fuel economy.<br> <br> The distance of the front to rear tires are longer than the usual vans (even longer than the MB100 or my brother's elf). This translates to a better ride (limo effect) on bumpy roads of Manila.<br> <br> Sad to say, the Caravelle wins with respect to cabin space and interior as CMC imported the Vito with 10 seats to reduce taxation cost. Unfortunately, the seats are made in Singapore and different from the front passenger and driver seats which are the originals (notice the difference in the headrests next time you see a Vito). I also find the Singapore-made seats uncomfortable, stiff and too high. Hands down to the Caravelle which come with its original interior. Of course, the price includes the full impact of tax.<br> <br> I still have minor complaints which CMC promised to fix once they have the part. Funny, when I put the gear on reverse, the rear windshield washer goes off. That's why my rear tailgate is wet all the time. The horn does not work in some steering wheel positions as well. CMC said that they are going to replace a part to resolve all these. <br> <br> Regards,<br> <br> Gerone<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too want to purchase Vito 112 but in USA MB dealers don't sell them. Does anyone know of an importer in US that would have it or could get it and register it to use in USA?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Marian,<br> I have found someone in the V-Fan Club (Austrian/International) who comes from New York,<br> his name is Dario an his email-address is also posted there. You will find him and some pictures of his V-Class in the member-section - just follow the link.<br> Good Luck !<br> Frank

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see Gerone 'still had some problems' with his Vito. My Mercedes dealer in Europe completely evaded my warranty by saying they could not get parts. Mercedes customer service (hopeless) took months to tell me to 'contact the dealer' and thereby D-C reneged on the warranty. Caution: the jack broke internally without warning and the van all but killed my dog! [D-C uninterested in this safety hazard].

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone please share me some information about the Vito 110 CDI L Van? Am plannning to purchase one. Any problems with the airconditioning system? I live in a warm climate country like the Philippines. I need some help regarding this van's durability and performance. How does this compare to the Volkswagen Caravelle?<br>
<br>
Thanks much:)<br>
<p>
i have a 2002 vito l van, maroon, i'm selling it you can call me at this no 0917 6105838 tnx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Importing into Canada:

Border Services Agency: BSF 5048 Importing a Vehicle Into Canada

Transport Canada: Importation of vehicles into Canada from countries other than the United States - Transport Canada

Both say the same thing: "Vehicles manufactured for sale in countries other than Canada and the United States do not comply with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act, CANNOT be altered to comply and CANNOT be imported into Canada. The only exceptions to this rule are vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older..."

Tough cookies those Canadians... they even capitalize CANNOT as a courtesy for the hard of reading...

BTW, if you sold a 2002 Vito in 2008, but in response to a post made in 2002, could you sell it as new? ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts