Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 97 SL320 for my wife that has had the stock radio replaced with an aftermarket unit that my wife hates, I don't like it either because it's only hooked up to the front speakers and sounds like crap. Didn't this car have a good radio to start with? It seems to have the amp, subwoofer and rear speakers still in place. The dash looks uncut, do the stock radios come up on ebay often or does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
200SLK 230
3 Posts
I just posted a problem. MB dealer is telling me radio for my 230SLK discontinued. My radio gets power, but my amp is shot. I want a factory system also for all of the reasons you mentioned. I don't know what to do either.

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,036 Posts
You can check on ebay. I just pulled my entire system. I have the single cassette HU w/6 disk changer (Fiber Optic) and OEM Bose amp. I'm looking to sell mine, but I haven't had much time lately (i.e. too lazy). The only I have with my HU is the CD scan feature is twitchy - meaning, it doesn't like to scan through a song 70% of the time.

Oh yah... it came out of a 99 CLK430

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,199 Posts
You may want to look for a radio with far greater capability than the original. A number op people have complained about the audio even in far newer models, and have gone so far as to rerplace COMAND systems and Bose audio with aftermarket units. You might want to check out some of the Alpine units with satellite navuigation capabilities, fold-out screens, and so forth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts