Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops sorry - looks like i've accidentaly posted an<br>empty message. Here it comes:<p>I've almost decided not to buy an used MB, but go<br>for a factory C instead. However, my local dealers<br>are unable to answer some questions i'm asking.<br>I'm living in Poland, but i think that this fact<br>does not make a big difference, because i think<br>that new C models are available with similar options<br>here and there.<p>At first i would definitely go for a C320; it's<br>worth adding, that my current car is 1995 C280<br>so it's natural that it becomes a current reference<br>for me (to be exact, this is US model of C280).<p>Could anyone give me some details about how the<br>entire drivetrain system behaves in that car?<br>I'm already familiar with the specs, but i want<br>to know how the car "feels". How about acceleration?<br>Driving dynamics? Last but not least, i'm wondering<br>that avg. milleage will differ much from that i'm<br>getting with my current car...<p>Is there a stiffer suspension option available in US?<br>If so, it is worth buying? I feel that suspension<br>on my W202 is definitely "too lazy" for my pretty<br>agressive driving style. I would like also to have<br>sport seats (again: i would not buy them if "side <br>holding" with the standard ones is acceptable).<p>Other options i'm going to have includes glass<br>sunroof, Bose system (i'm very satisfied with<br>Bose on W202; is it still OK on W203?), Thermotronic<br>climate control, parametric steering, memory package,<br>multicontour seats, xenons (i have them on 95 W202 already:) and others.<br>Could you please comment on them? My selection is<br>based on my previous cars; i'm pretty familiar of<br>almost all mentioned options from my previous<br>vehicles (W124 and W202) but i want to know that<br>maybe some of them are not worth their money in<br>W203. If you think that there is some very important<br>add-on that you just cannot use that car, tell me<br>please - i'll consider it on my option list.<p>Sorry for this bit too long posting, but i'm very<br>greedy for information that sources of information<br>i have access too, are obviously lacking.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some answers....

The auto in this car is simply superb. Smooth shifting of gears. According to my butt-dyno, the car accelerates really fast although it lags a bit from 2nd to 3rd. Handling is pretty good when cornering but still leans a lot and tires aren't so great either. It was raining the other day and I skidded several times. Thank God for ESP. Lowering springs and better tires should fix this. Avg. mileage. not so sure since I haven't driven the car that long yet. I'll post again. I have the sport package so the stiffer suspension isn't really stiff enough. IMO, not worth buying. Just by the plain-jane C320 and upgrade with H&R and Bilsteins. <p>The sound system is pretty good. A little bass and good speakers (nokia?) Things I got which I think are worth it :<p>Climate Control - a definite since weather here varies so much.<br>Memory seats - Me, my wife and brother-in-law drive it so it's good to have this. If you're the lone driver, not worth it.<br>Multi-contour seats - yes. I have a bad back (that's my excuse to my wife)<br>Xenons - Another definite. Looks and lights a lot better.<p>Things I didn't get :<br>Phone - Too much money for a pc of motorola crap.<br>Premium leather - Can't really tell the difference between the vinyl and the real leather.<br>CD changer - Another too high priced option from the dealer. I bought mine from AutoClass.net when Frank (webmaster) mentioned it to me. It's a lot lot cheaper and can easily be installed.<p>If I remember anything else, I'll post again<p>Go get it !!<p>John.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some questions John

I am ready to by a C320, but do you think the COMAND system is worth it? On the MB website it says the CD changer can be installed at the retailer for $525, is this true? Will upgrading to an H&R suspension make the ride really stiff?<p>thanks<p>: The auto in this car is simply superb. Smooth shifting of gears. According to my butt-dyno, the car accelerates really fast although it lags a bit from 2nd to 3rd. Handling is pretty good when cornering but still leans a lot and tires aren't so great either. It was raining the other day and I skidded several times. Thank God for ESP. Lowering springs and better tires should fix this. Avg. mileage. not so sure since I haven't driven the car that long yet. I'll post again. I have the sport package so the stiffer suspension isn't really stiff enough. IMO, not worth buying. Just by the plain-jane C320 and upgrade with H&R and Bilsteins. <p>The sound system is pretty good. A little bass and good speakers (nokia?) Things I got which I think are worth it :<p>Climate Control - a definite since weather here varies so much.<br>Memory seats - Me, my wife and brother-in-law drive it so it's good to have this. If you're the lone driver, not worth it.<br>Multi-contour seats - yes. I have a bad back (that's my excuse to my wife)<br>Xenons - Another definite. Looks and lights a lot better.<p>Things I didn't get :<br>Phone - Too much money for a pc of motorola crap.<br>Premium leather - Can't really tell the difference between the vinyl and the real leather.<br>CD changer - Another too high priced option from the dealer. I bought mine from AutoClass.net when Frank (webmaster) mentioned it to me. It's a lot lot cheaper and can easily be installed.<p>If I remember anything else, I'll post again<p>Go get it !!<p>John.<br><p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts