Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E320 Sedan
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Pair (2) of the original 16 inch wheels that come on a 2005 E320. I want to use these for snow tires this coming winter.

I'm not looking for aftermarket stuff, only OEM equipment.

·
Registered
101 Posts
go to www.bellsouth.net and search for Ernie's Alloy in Opa Locka, FL Two numbers are listed, one of them is a fax number. He may have some.

I bought a set (4 rims) of lightly used OEM 16 inch rims for $500 about 18 months ago.

Strongly recommend that if you are going to use snow tires that you mount 4 of them, and not just two on the rear. Refer to your owner's manual and it says the same thing. Steering control is good to have, the OEM touring tires are marginal at best in snow. So you will have starting traction but reduced braking and steering traction if you don't mount "winter tires" on the front. Don't take my word for it go here
http://www.snowtire.info/forum/
for more snow tire info.

eBay is also source for used rims. Be patient and they will appear. Lots of people dump the OEM rims because they want to change to the lower profile tire look.

William
2003 E 320

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you are going to use 16 inch rims, make sure they fit your car. If your car came with 17 inch rims, they may not clear the brake calipers. This applies more to E 500 owners, but just in case.

The great thing about the extra rims/tires too is that if 16 inch rims fit your car, you can dump the compact spare and put a full size 225/55-16 tire in the spare tire space. Fit perfectly at least in my car.

I posted a picture of my full size spare in another thread. Just search my posts if you want to see how it looks.

William
2003 E 320

1 - 4 of 4 Posts