Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
W220 Moderator
S500 W220 SLK320 R170 C200 CDI W203 Peugeot Expert Van
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Guys, laugh of the day I reckon, ...............

So I buy a Headlamp D2S Xenon Ignitor, Hella Brand and Made In Germany, no sign of anything dodgy, no mention of "China" in the listing, and London Royal Mail Dispatch details.

When it arrives and I unwrap it, a tiny piece of paper falls out saying made in China. Yeah, guess what, plugged it in, doesn't work. I have already, (when diagnosing it), swapped the one from the working Headlamp on the other side, so I know it is definitely the Ignitor on the back of the Bulb as it then worked.

Contacted seller ............. Here's the reply, (remember this thing works on 30,000V at 85V AC) !!

Just when I thought I'd seen it all LMAO :grin :grin :grin

I have ordered a (hopefully Genuine) one from ECP this morning ;)

Dispute raised via EBay

Have a good laugh guys, incredible !!

Dear Dave2302,

Thank you for your information.We are so sorry for the problem you have come across.
For this case, would like to tell you that this item need to soak it in water first. So would you please soak it in water first? Then please try install it again, and check that whether is work again?
If above has tested and still not work, please send us some photos of the product soaked in water. Please understand that your photos are very important for us to claim the warranty from our supplier.
Your help is much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your sincerely,
Anna
Customer service

·
Registered
'04 S430
268 Posts
so - basically - destroy it so you will have no case against us when you report us to eBay? That's messed up....

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,297 Posts
Wow. Actually, the letter from "Anna" instructing one to perform this lunacy would be evidence against this faker company in an eBay dispute.

It'd be tempting to reply something like this:

"Hello Anna,

Thank you for your troubleshooting advice. I'm not quite sure how to do this; can you show me how you do it in your factory/laboratory, powered up, with someone holding the power cord in during activation to be sure that it doesn't come out? I really could use the help; photos of this would be very helpful, because I want to make sure I get it right. Please, if you would, also include in the picture a voltmeter showing the proper voltage to apply during this process.

Thanks!"

·
W220 Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolute idiots eh !!

I rang EBay Concierge this morning, after that EMail, and told them open dispute, 8 days then escalate then 5 days then money back, as usual !! :wink

At the moment chiyaneeseys say they are unable to issue a return post label, and want me to send it to Germany address, the we pay you when arriveeeee :big laugh:

EBay have said, (as normal), that they must pay return before I send it Tracked and Trace, also it has to be sent to a UK Address, as it was posted from UK :smile

Been there played this game before, they'll not win with me :devil

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
953 Posts
Seriously????

Perhaps the worst scam attempt ever seen...

"Dear Anna, I would very much like to see you in bath with similar ballast igniter too. If you have no working ballast available, any other 'toy' will do..."

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,514 Posts
I wonder if all these thousands of Chinese ebay sellers use the same 3/4 girls sitting in a dark office to reply to messages , as I get identical messages

I always just demand a prepaid return shipping label and it never comes , so ebay offers a full refund and I get to keep the item

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
'84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '15 G63 AMG
8,438 Posts
I've heard this before... someone actually followed through with the instructions only to be told by the company that they've just provided evidence to destroying the product deliberately and voiding the warranty.

Said individual was baffled that he followed the company's instructions only for them to say the warranty is now void.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,514 Posts
I've heard this before... someone actually followed through with the instructions only to be told by the company that they've just provided evidence to destroying the product deliberately and voiding the warranty.

Said individual was baffled that he followed the company's instructions only for them to say the warranty is now void.
Wow that is amazing what crooks these Chinese sellers can be . Iif you are smart about it you can keep a lot of items for free .

Tiny scratch or nick on the item ? File a claim . If they don’t provide a prepaid return label you get to keep for free. I know some people don’t want to stoop to their level but I have no issue . To Chinese it’s just business nothing personal .

·
W220 Moderator
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have always got a Refund via EBay Concierge, and yes, as Tusabes said 99% of the time they never provide the label ..................

I have a brand new set of R170 DEPO LHD Headlamps that were illegally sold for use in RHD UK, seller didn't provide return label so I got to keep them, and full refund took about 15 days from dispute start, and that was over Christmas period :grin

This bunch are playing the "no return label game" right now !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts