Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y'all know my setup:

well, I wanna go back to 15s. for my driving style, in my area, the 16" setup is not working.

here's what's in the pkg:

4 16x8 ET34 oem 8-holes
2 16x7.5 ET40 aftermarket 8-holes
4 215/50-16 BFG Traction TA tires [these are GREAT]
no centercaps, no lugs

you get ALL THIS if you purchase and mount for me 4 of these

Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid

so, what's that... about $400? what a deal! this is no joke! PM me. Local deals substantially preferred!

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,973 Posts
Are the 4 16x8 ET34 oem 8-holes from an S class?
How is the condition of the tires on them?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the 4 16x8 ET34 oem 8-holes from an S class?
How is the condition of the tires on them?
yes, they are from an S class [or SL]. the 7.5s are aftermarket. the tires have 5000 miles on them and are in excellent condition as I had the car aligned once they were installed.
the wheels are in decent shape considering their age, none of the 8" have rash, one of the 7.5" has some scratches on the face [they came from a wreck].

the reason to get rid of the 16s? simple. most of my driving is in town in portland in shitty streets and the impact to performance and economy was not worth the improvement in looks, so I scored a set of 15" 8-holes instead.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6
91 Posts
yes, they are from an S class [or SL]. the 7.5s are aftermarket. the tires have 5000 miles on them and are in excellent condition as I had the car aligned once they were installed.
the wheels are in decent shape considering their age, none of the 8" have rash, one of the 7.5" has some scratches on the face [they came from a wreck].
Sounds like a good find, post up a picture went you get them installed.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
increasing the unsprung weight on any vehicle will impact performance. it requires more power to rotate the mass [especially getting going], demands more from the suspension [more mass for the dampers to damp], and decreases the rate at which the suspension can react to bumps, whatnot due to the increased mass. also, lower profile tires do not absorb as much road noise due to potholes, poor roads, expansion joints, whatnot.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.3
23 Posts
increasing the unsprung weight on any vehicle will impact performance. it requires more power to rotate the mass [especially getting going], demands more from the suspension [more mass for the dampers to damp], and decreases the rate at which the suspension can react to bumps, whatnot due to the increased mass. also, lower profile tires do not absorb as much road noise due to potholes, poor roads, expansion joints, whatnot.
You're not talking me out of a deal. I never really looked at the downside of increasing wheel sizes, other than not getting too low of a profile tire.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is one hell of a deal. I've got over $1000 invested in a set of 4 16X8 8 holes and a new set of the same tires.

Your car looks so sweet with those wheels. Are you sure you want to sell? I know what you mean about the unsprung weight though. I got 21MPG from my last fill up, and that was driving conservatively. Those wheels aren't light, but they're some of my favorite wheels for a 190E.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts