99 C230 kompressor S.C. SPORT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz - C230
198 Posts
Ill chime in with my comment .... :eek:

I bought me Monoblock 17 inch rims from Ebay ..... rear is 30 offset 17x8.5 and front is 35 offset 17x7.5.....just like it is on the C36 and C43

the ones your looking at on ebay are 32 offset....they might fit fine on the rear of ur car but u may have to use spacers in the fronts

and for the rims i bought off Ebay im buying these tires 245/45/17 for the rear and 225/45/17 for the fronts...and these are actual Mercedes rims that will fit our W202 perfect not aftermarket like what your looking at

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okkk cool so ur basically saying that they will fit on my car i just may need to run a spacer for the front?? would that make the rims stick out more in the front and look goofy or no??

any idea where to get spacers that would be needed?

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz - C230
198 Posts
for the fronts u may have a rubbing issue with the 32 offset rim thats why u would need spacers ... and im not sure what size spacer you would have to get either...:confused:

if u look at my car pic i was running 17 inch aftermarket rims on it...and i had rubbing issues with the fronts and didnt like the spacers since it did stick out about an inch on both sides and felt unstable when driving it at speeds over 55mph...and i had 7mm spacers on the fronts....

Ebay also sells spacers for our cars and they cost a pretty penny but they r custom for the rims also and have the small lip already on them like what is found on the hub when u put the rim on....dont go with the ones from autozone or pepboys because they r just flat and can move on you even if the lug nuts r tight to spec

so i put the stock 15 inch back on the fronts and kept the 17 inch on the rear until i bought the AMG Monoblock rims off Ebay...with the 17 inch AMG rims i wont have any rubbing isses in the fronts and my cruise control will work also with them....hope this helps you out somewhat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey don't be a thread stealer now.

Any way okkk what offset were the 17s that you had on the car previously?? Was the offset smaller or bigger then the ones I showed you?? And also why did your cruise control not work with the 17s that u previously had?? Lol thanks for all ur help though I appreciate someone taking the time to talk to me about this

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to hi Jack your thread.
I just thought it would if been more efficient if we had similar questions on the same thread rather than starting a new one. Again my apologies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about these ones????? With the offset, do u want the number to be small or bigger for a better fit and less rubbing?? These are 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 back with a 20 offset in front and 25 in back. What u guys think?

18 STAGGERED WHEELS RIM ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts