Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with the W126 WALD kit?
I called Jonari Corp. earlier today and got my quote of around $1462 with an additional $200 in shipping. I have my doubts about the whole Japanese fiberclass contruction, but I like how the kit looks. If anyone has any experience with WALD, hows the quality? Is it worth the $1600?

OR Option 2

Hold my horses and continue on my search for decent AMG spec. parts?

Thanks in advance,
Allen

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wald has good rep overall, use a lot in Japan. It's a very "heavy" looking kit, not streamlined and subtle like AMG.

You might be holding those horses for a long time looking for the real AMG kit!

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Cyberdrakon had a Wald kit on his SEC.

I think it is a very good looking kit and the $1,600 price you've been quoted is reasonable. If I remember correctly, they quoted me over $3,000 for the kit when I inquired about it a couple of years ago.

Make sure the kit will fit your bumpers. If the front spoiler and rear skirt are made for the Euro bumpers, they won't fit the US bumpers.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Cyberdrakon had a Wald kit on his SEC.

I think it is a very good looking kit and the $1,600 price you've been quoted is reasonable. If I remember correctly, they quoted me over $3,000 for the kit when I inquired about it a couple of years ago.

Make sure the kit will fit your bumpers. If the front spoiler and rear skirt are made for the Euro bumpers, they won't fit the US bumpers.
correct. however, you could always do what I did and get some EU bumper bars and brackets to make it fit. they bolted right onwith no additional alterations to the existing holes.

and I DO, like the Wald kit as well as the AMG. Lorinser is another attractive kit if you can find one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wald has good rep overall, use a lot in Japan. It's a very "heavy" looking kit, not streamlined and subtle like AMG.

You might be holding those horses for a long time looking for the real AMG kit!
I think the real is worth waiting for. ;)
I've got plenty of resources around here in Chicago to take advantage of. There is this one particular SEC that I passed by today, with what looked like an entire set of AMG parts. I didn't catch how the wheels looked because this thing was literally staring me in the eyes. It's located among a bunch of W126's and W124's that have been parked for the last few months behind some sort of building. These cars have just been building up for the past couple of months. I think I might stop buy and see if the owner is selling. If it's reasonable I'll consider buying it. Doesn't look like it's in too good of shape though, but that makes restoring these cars even funner.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll definately look into the WALD kit a little more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts