Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the car at the end of February and I found out this week that it's "out of production" and waiting for a ship assignment.

Does anyone know how long the boat ride is?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the car at the end of February and I found out this week that it's "out of production" and waiting for a ship assignment.

Does anyone know how long the boat ride is?
depends...where is the order coming from? germany or south africa?
also, where are you located?

once on a boat it shouldnt take longer than 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm Chinese and live in Hong Kong.
I'm so interest your the commend and idea.

BTW I ordered a C230 on end of March. It need to take 6 months for delviery.
And all of the option is differnece with your C.

From my understand of US/Canada MB-C, its make it on US manufactory. That's why no way to wait too long. On Asia, all of the M.B. produce on S. Africa. Only first shipment is produced by German.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Mine came from Grmany and I'm in the US. Walked on the lot said that one and drove it away the next day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got another email today saying it's on a boat and I would get another email when it arrives in the US (I think they're shipped to New Jersey?) and that would be in a couple of weeks.

It's coming from Germany. I had a choice of which country I wanted it made in - South Africa or Germany.

I'm so tired of driving rental cars while waiting for my car. My original C300 was totalled in an accident.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I share the anguish of the OP. The C300 I ordered was due in LA on 5/9 and should have been at the dealership in Northern California on or about the 13th. Due date is currently on or about 5/20...back-up at the port.

C300/350 are built in Germany (I believe mine was built there since there is a "Germany" notation on the production order) and South Africa. The M class and the "minivan" (forget the class designation) are built in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Years ago I lived in the Southeast and watched the plant go up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't know if they make the C class in places other than Germany and South Africa, but they certainly don't make it in North America.
All non-4 wheel drive C-Class cars are made in South Africa. Once built, they are not shipped to the awaiting country. They are sent to Germany for additional handling (paperwork, tweaking, ?). This is the main reason why a special order C-Class can take months to be delivered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did order a 4matic.

This is my second one. The first one I ordered in early July 07, and it arrived in October. I was told that the production of the 4matics weren't started until Sept. 07. I don't know if that is correct or not, but it took less time last year to get my car. That one was made in Germany, also. A pickup truck lost control in the snow and drove into my lane and over my car. Everyone was OK but I wanted the exact same car I had, so I ordered another one after the accident since there were none in inventory.

The wait wouldn't be so bad if I had my old E class to drive while I was waiting. I had already sold it, so now I drive rental cars.

I really miss my car.

·
Registered
2008 Arctic White W204 C350 Sport AMG Pack+Advanged Agility Pack, and 2008 B170 Facelift.
105 Posts
I was told C350 Sport Engine/Gearbox/Diff, undercarriage comes/ships from Germany, then get further assembled in SA, min wait 6 months.
Also heard they stopped, re-started production.
As I wait the price is climbing the ladder to heavens.
Not sure how they can adsvertise eagerly, then slap you with 6-months, dare you not take a showroom piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts