Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can be very, very short . . .

Depending on where you live and what you are looking for.<br>I'd try calling dealers in the 200 mile area around you. Ask what they either have in stock, or have incoming in the next month. Depending on where you live (i.e. depending on how many dealers are around you), you have a good chance of finding what you want (or something very close, if you have any flexibility) that is either on the showroom floor, or will be coming in shortly.<br>This is esp. true with the C320, which has less option choices than the 240 (b/c it comes with more standard equipment).<br>For example, I was able to find my C240 6 speed in 1/2 hour by calling a few dealers. I had to wait 3 weeks. My task was harder than most, b/c most dealers don't have many incoming 6 speeds, and I was totally firm on my color choices, and pretty firm on the options.<br>Other than that, the length of time depends on where you live, but I think 3-4 months for most US cities is accurate. Call your dealer, they can give you a more specific estimate.<p><br>What is the average waiting period for a C320?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
European Delivery?

Does anyone know if the C320 is on the European Delivery Program?<br>And do you pay extra for utilizing that program? Plus how much<br>faster is it if you go through that program?<p>Thanks for all the previous responses!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call around...you might just get lucky...I did.

I have an acquaintance who sells MB about 4 hours away from me and I was planning on ordering my 240 from him and waiting until mid-February like a good little boy. However, I drove the 320 at my local dealer, then told them to call me when they got a 240 auto in -- no matter what the color -- so that I could evaluate the drivetrain on the 240. When they called a week later, I drove a light green one. I told the salesman that I liked everything but the color and that I wanted black -- so I could get the heck out of there and call my buddy to order it. He told me they had a black one that was supposed to be spoken for, but the guy had not returned thier calls when they called to let him know his car was in.<br>Bam! Right there was the exact car I was going to order! So I bought it. No waiting.<br>Total time from making my final decision to buy a new C until delivery was about ten days.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only saves $675

from what I understand, for Euro Delivery you only save the $675 destination charge. It will certainly take a longer to eventually get the car, because it needs to be built, then you need to go to Europe, then it needs to be shipped, etc.<p>I know someone who recently did a Euro delivery on a BMW, and it took forever for it to get here.<p>: Does anyone know if the C320 is on the European Delivery Program?<br>And do you pay extra for utilizing that program? Plus how much<br>faster is it if you go through that program?<p>Thanks for all the previous responses!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Canada wait about 9 months if your ordering now. I order a 320 sport aready wait for 7 months, st

: What is the average waiting period for a C320?<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: or costs more...

Count yourself lucky if the US European Delivery saves you anything at all. The Canadian version of the same thing actually COSTS you about $400 US extra. Plus there's no "2 nights free hotel" or "meal vouchers". Oh, and the dealer does not give you the car back - in Canada you have to import the car yourself. A much more raw deal overall.<p>The only good news is that the C240 Classic is available up here for $5K less than your cheapest C (under $25,000 US).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts