Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you that ordered your C230 Coupe, how long did it take. Did the dealer tell you 3 months only to have it be 4 or 5??<br> <br> I would like to order one, however I am waiting for a settlement which may come in July/August..<br> <br> I don't want to get it too early!!<br> <br> Also, did the dealer charge you a reservation fee??<br> <br> And one last thing.. I live in SOuthern Cal... Would you recommend a dealer.. I am thinking of Mercerdes of Laguna Niguel or House of Imports..<br> <br> Any feedback would be appreciated.. <br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
u should look in to buying one out of state. maybe one that is nearby. i see coupes in lots all the time that haven't been sold. i travel alot so i see a lot of dealerships. i just saw some in houston about a week ago and some in illinois too. u might have to pay a little more for shipment, but u get it 4-5 months earlier. also, sometimes taxes could be an advantage in other states. well, just look into it, it could be a realistic option.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to order the coupe because I will be getting a insurance settlement, but probably not until August and I don't want the car to come in till then because I won't have the money for the down payment tillt then...<br> <br> Anyway, anyone have any compliments etc for Mercedes Benz of Laguna Niguel, House of Imports or FLetcher Jones...????<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait time is dependent on a number of fators. One is the dealer's remaining allocations in the current and future quarters. Another is if the vechicle is already built and in transit. One member of another board ordered a car and it arrived in two weeks because the dealer had a car to his specs coming in for their stock. Also, many dealers trade cars in order to get them for customer who don't want to wait.<br> <br> Explain your need to wait to your sales rep and see if he/she will work with you. If you are waiting until August, the 2003's will be available in September. It is rumored that there will be changes in color selection, both interior and exterior. There may also be some changes in option packages. The dealer should have information on these changes in June, maybe. MBUSA somtimes is not very good at communicating with the dealers.<br> <br> Several people on the other board have puchased from Laguna Nigel and they all seem to be happy with their experiences. Reviews for Fletcher Jones are mixed. Robert Brown is the internet sale rep at FJ. He posts on the other board and is very helpful. You might e-mail him with questions regarding delivery schedules.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback Lynn. I am having a tough time trying to decide whether to wait till the 2003 models come out or order now.<br> <br> Has anyone been to House of Imports? They are an AutoNation dealer and I am trying to decide who between them and Laguna Niguel would give me the best deal.<br> <br> Any suggestions?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been going to Laguna Niguel for about 10 years, they have given me nothing but the best.....

care, prices, and service. I would highly recomend them.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO Laguna Niguel is the best, Try to use online purchase and its really works No haggle and no pressure. Dealt mine thru email. But you have to know exactly what you want to your vehicle like option. Visit one of this site WWW.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com to get some good info.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Laura,<br>
<br>
I have heard rumors that there also will be a new command system coming out this fall. I know it will be offered in the new E-Class. Also I am hearing that Mercedes will be offering an AMG option for the coupe this fall. I have also been told you can order the new 2003 very soon. And Lynn is right that the 2003 will be coming out in early September or it may even be available in late August. I haven't heard of any price increases but the Salesman told me to expect somewhere between 500-1,000.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with a rep on Saturday and he said something about the coupe being available with two engines, the one that they have now and a smaller one.<br> <br> He tried to steer me away from the Navigation system as he said something about it not being 'cost effective' in this car.<br> <br> The part about the engine worries me though, because I don't want to wait till the 2003 and then find out I don't have an option on the engine. I like the one that is out now..<br> <br> The rep wasn't even aware you could get the coupe now with the Command, so you can see why I am worried about him saying I can get the 2003 with the Kompressor engine..<br> <br> Help...<br> <br> BTW, this was at Laguna Niguel..<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt that both engines will be offered. They are too similar. The 1.8 liter will be a kompressor. It will have a few less horsepower, and about 15 fewer lbs-ft of torque.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The AMG option will most likely be the the same as the AMG Evolution option in Europe. Mostly a body kit and different wheels.<br> <br> The actual C32 coupe is a special edition. AMG special editions have never been sold in North America.<br> <br> A poster on another board says his sales rep told him the 2003's may ship as early as late June.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone,<br> <br> Let's keep doing what were doing by telling each other what we know. I will try and get additional infomation in the next weeks and months ahead.<br> <br> After hearing some info about the Command system I may shy away from it. However, if the Coupe does offer the next generation option I may jump at it<br> <br> I plan on getting the C2,Bose,Command,Standard, Brilliant Silver Package.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there any way to find out for sure? I figure that if I want the engine that I have now, I will have to order it, just to make sure that I get the car I want and don't get disappointed when the 03 comes out with the less impressive engine.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A toss in re' COMAND. Have no idea what 2003 changes will be made, but the current system is outstanding with a lot of capability. The screen features are reasonably intuitive, clear and provide a lot of handy optional displays. The system 'aquires' almost instantly and receiver lock is pretty solid. Forget touch screen IMHO the greasy fingerprinted screen is a real downer i.e Lexus et al.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I ordered my coupe on Thursday just so I could make sure that I got the newer engine. <br> <br> The dealership said that the factory would start production on it May 10th..<br> <br> Does anyone know how long after that it should be here? MBLN said something like June/July. I could have swore it took long than that.<br> <br> Thanks for the feedback,<br> <br> Laura

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This may be the exception, and I know I am terribly lucky. I ordered mine 4 Weeks ago and it is presently clearing customs in Port Newark. I am SOOOOO happy...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Laura, MB divides the monthly production into 3 'decades'. Your is being built at the end of the first decade. My car was built in the first decade last October. It was at the dealer on the 27th of October. If you live in a part of the country where your car enters the country at Baltimore or Jacksonville, the car will generally arrive four or five weeks after production. If the car arrives at Carson, CA, allow an extra week for the Panama Canal transit. There are variables, of course. If you are buying from a smaller dealer, the car may sit at the VPC for a week or so, until there are enough cars going it's way to fill a trailer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Newark? That is interesting. I thought the only ports of entry and VPS's MB used were Baltimore, Jacksonville and Carson, CA.<br> <br> It sounds like your dealer had an allocation they could change to meet you specs. Or they traded with a dealer who had ordered for their stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts