Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wagon middle row upper seat trim?

804 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  KinderKombi 
#1 ·
How does the plastic trim along the top of wagon middle row seats come off? I mean in one piece. The right side trim piece in my wagon is falling off in pieces. I see some in wrecking yards but I can’t figure out how to remove it intact.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks, but not really. What I see in that diagram is cabin upper trim. I don’t know how to navigate that site. What I’m looking for is the plastic trim along the upper edge of the seat back with holes for headrest posts and lever to fold the seat.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

#5 ·
I did this recently on my Estate. Start by removing headrests and then with a pick, look down into the headrest hole and there is a release you need to pull inward to get these headrest sleeves to pull straight up from the back of the seats. Once those are out, there are catches along the forward portion of the trim @ the metal components...so the pull latch, the rests, etc. My trim was rotted from the sun and I just broke it apart to remove. I actually think you are going to have a hard time getting the trim off in one piece. New pieces (1 each left and right) were $40 total from the dealer. I just bought new.

#6 ·
Thanks. It’s not one piece anymore so I could just break it off in pieces. It’s the section around the folding latch that I can’t figure out. There’s a screw holding the latch handle. Does that have to come off?

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.