Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I made a thread (Here!) a while ago regarding a Vito 115 CDI (VIN: WDF63960323176835) that has been giving me a headache, I have finally resorted to swapping out the ECU as it only works when it's 'warm'.

Anyways, I have found the exact replacement ECU but it's from a donor vehicle. What comes in the bundle from the donor vehicle is the:

- ECU
- ESL - electronic steering lock
- EIS - electronic ignition switch
- Smart Key

I have spoken to MB here and they tell me that I also need the instrument cluster and the front SAM from the donor vehicle too, this may be to stop me from carrying out the swap.

I am hoping that someone possible far more knowledgeable will be able to help me as i'm sure this has been done by at least 1 person. Please, if you are able to help, it would save me alot of chasing.

Many thanks!:bowdown:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Zenman,

Thanks for confirming that!

Going for a 2nd hand ECU bundle is currently the 'smartest' choice even though there are a few complications. An new ECU from the stealers (quite literally) is £1620 excluding VAT @ 14%, excluding fitting, excluding programming and excluding a 3 week wait. I have found a used ECU bundle for £150 including shipping.

Your response is highly appreciated.:bowdown:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi!

Ecu, steering lock and eis kit will go on and work straight away. However.

Your mileage will not show, and your srs light will be permanently on.

I can sort all that for you if you bring it down to the workshop!

Mark

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
80 Posts
you will need to do the instrument cluster and srs control unit, the vin is interlocked in the control units. Otherwise see if there's a clever electronics place that can clear everything. or get the cdi control module repaired

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is why I love this forum, I was looking to get solid answers to a question that's was a little complicated, thanks to all who have taken their time to respond.

Hi!

Ecu, steering lock and eis kit will go on and work straight away. However.

Your mileage will not show, and your srs light will be permanently on.

I can sort all that for you if you bring it down to the workshop!
Mark, I would send the lot to you, but i'm an expat living in Southern Africa. Would you be able to let me know how I would be able to do it myself? I currently have diagnostic equipment and i'm getting programming tools soon too (next couple of weeks or so)...

·
Registered
2008 vito sport compact 115
3 Posts
Hi sorry to intrude on your post but i am not getting anywhere with the questions i have asked ad regards to the ecu and the full wiring harness basically i am swapping out the full harness from 04 viano to 08 vito i just wanted to know if i need to change the ecu over aswell thanks in advance for any responce.gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts