Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to know that factory options the van came out with, if possible.
Its a 2004 W639 Vito.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
So is it possible to retro fit aircon?

Sure it would be a big job, but the only thing I would want to add to my van.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
Yes but it's a big job, dash out and new heater, easy second hand on ebay.
Heater harness
Air con pump and rads, better to find one in salvage and get the lot in one go.

All can be done.

·
Registered
2004 Vito 109cdi
45 Posts
Zenman - I posted that question just before I went on holiday, so have only just seen your reply.

So would WIS tell me what's needed and what to do?

Got lots of confidence if there are some instructions to follow, so the fact that it's a big job doesn't worry me. I just rebuilt my motorbike with a bigger cylinder and changed the cam timing with some vague instructions from Honda. Everything seems to be working well so I’m on a roll!!

I bought WIS a few months ago, but will have to install a Windows XP virtual machine, etc. So decided that it wasn’t worth the effort at that time. If it gives me a parts list for the AC then I can startt he job knowing that I've got everything.

·
Registered
111cdi vito long
6 Posts
Did you manage to complete the conversion? I'd love to do this to mine, I'm moving to Tenerife in June and I'm taking my van.

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
Yes it can be done and is easy enough.
Its just a big job, inc dash out and new heater etc, pump on the engine, harness fans etc, you need a crashed van to transplant all the parts.

·
Registered
111cdi vito long
6 Posts
Don't suppose you know any places that would take this job on for me as I'm not too confident pulling my can apart lol as its my daily driver

·
Registered
w163 320: w220 320, w220 500, Sprinters by the doz
34 Posts
Mate, i asked the same question ages ago with similar "not so helpful" response.
There is a Russian website that will do what you want but (sorry cant remember the name at the moment on a different computer) Google "Mercedes vin decoder RU" and it normally comes up first and its brilliant, it spits out about 6 pages of the entire build of your vin: The whole factory build sheet, everything
If I find it will post soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts