Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellows,

I have a 85 230g that I would like to install w463 bi-xenon projector style head lights. I have the capability to machine brackets and make them fit but my question is would it be worth it? Somebody might already be doing this conversion but I haven't found it yet. Any information will help.

Kind Regards,
Travis Jones

·
Registered
500 Posts
They will not fit without modifications. The fenders on then 460 (and early 463) have buckets where the headlights are installed. Since the projectors take more place they will not fit in the buckets. But everything is possible if...

Here you have a link to fourbyfour. Read the description http://fourbyfourclub.com/W460BodyParts/W460FenderL2.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noted

So first in the list would be modify the bucket. Next question, are the headlight diameters the same on the 460 and 463, because my main concern would be the fitment of the headlight cover.

Also electrical connection, I assume that you have a ground, low beam positive, high beam positive in the 460. I would imagine the 463 has a daytime running light but that could be left out or tied into the parking lights.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
500 Posts
So first in the list would be modify the bucket. Next question, are the headlight diameters the same on the 460 and 463, because my main concern would be the fitment of the headlight cover.

Also electrical connection, I assume that you have a ground, low beam positive, high beam positive in the 460. I would imagine the 463 has a daytime running light but that could be left out or tied into the parking lights.

Any thoughts?
I would say yes it can fit (if you modify the bucket) because the headlight covers of the 463 are all the same. And the 463 (non-xenon) lights fit the 460. So I could say that the 460 cover can fit the with the aftermarket xenon headlights. But I could be wrong...
Others can maybe confirm this information

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Another Better Option

Travis,

Check these out:

Headlights - Products - J.W. Speaker Corporation

They are DOT approved and do not require the auto-leveling hardware on your suspension that a proper HID installation requires.

One of our members on the unmentionable G-Class Forum has installed them; and says they are terrific. They are also highly recommended by a well respected and highly critical auto lighting expert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts