Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 VITO 119 BLUETEC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone tried to fit a w447 v class grille onto a w447 vito yet?
The standard grille is sh.. and don't really fancy those stick on chromes.
Managed to fit a merc bonnet badge and looking at the side chromes for under the windows along with 19" alloys and leather seats so will look cool but the grille is a pain. It looks like it will fit but been told it doesn't and its an expensive bit of kit if it doesn't go on.

·
Registered
2011 Vito Dualiner
4 Posts
Really Interested in an answer for this !

Hi all, has anyone tried to fit a w447 v class grille onto a w447 vito yet?
The standard grille is sh.. and don't really fancy those stick on chromes.
Managed to fit a merc bonnet badge and looking at the side chromes for under the windows along with 19" alloys and leather seats so will look cool but the grille is a pain. It looks like it will fit but been told it doesn't and its an expensive bit of kit if it doesn't go on.
I also have a 119 Dualiner arriving before Christmas and the dealership is going to spray the Vito grill and mirrors in the body colour but reckon the V class grille will look a lot better - if it fits !! (saw one on ebay for £300)

Hope someone posts an answer soon ..........

·
Registered
2015 VITO 119 BLUETEC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be interesting to see that look, I,m not convinced by the chrome sports blades that stick on.
Nice to see a photo of the grille though?

·
Registered
2011 Vito Dualiner
4 Posts
I agree, the Chrome add ons that are used on the new Sport version don't really work. The dealership has sprayed other grilles apparently and they look good but we will wait and see. Should take delivery just before Christmas.

Have you had any luck regarding the fitment of the V class grille ?

I have spent hours on google but cannot find any info at all, looks like you are the first worldwide !

·
Registered
2015 VITO 119 BLUETEC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that one on ebay and called the dealer,they said they ordered it for the sales manager but it didnt fit, he didnt explain why though so not keen on spending a lot of money when no chance. I have ordered one side chrome for under the sliding door window as per sport version of v class as it looks like that can be retro fitted. If it fits I'll order the rest but its tricky as the v class is only short and extra long and mine is a long ,so they want a german vin number to order the rear chrome as the v class comes in three lengths in Germany! I also fitted matt black vinyl between the front window and sliding door window as per the v class and it makes a huge difference. Chrome handles have arrived so will see if they look good or overkill!

·
Registered
2011 Vito Dualiner
4 Posts
Only just noticed the 'door pillar' difference and bearing in mind I have ordered Silver this will stand out. Great idea about retro fitting Black Vinyl so will get this organised !

I guess it is only a matter of time before someone gets to grips with a lookalike aftermarket grille .......

Next challenge is to find some V Class look alloys (18" TUV approved) as mine is coming with 17" five spoke that are very dull ! (but the only option available when ordered)

Good to see a pic of your project when accessories complete !

·
Registered
2015 VITO 119 BLUETEC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very expensive but looks a lot better, wont be paying that as I think they have adapted something already available.
I'll have a look to see what is out there as with some 3M tape and some chrome bits I'll have a shot before spending that amount.
I might try some black tape on the bottom of the bumper like they have done to see if it looks okay but always worried about going ott and tacky!

·
Registered
2015 114 Bluetec Long, 2005 Vito 111CDi XLWB, 2003 E55 AMG, 2002 Vito 108CDi, 2002 ML55
332 Posts
I've just taken the plunge and bought a low mileage 114 Bluetec Long, just waiting for delivery from the main dealers. Already bought all the stainless add ons and the plans are to colour code everything, remap to 220bhp and get up to Mij in Walsall to get a full sports exhaust system put on it. Any feedback from you guys on what to expect in terms of reliability or gripes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have been searching information about if someone has changed w447 V-class bumber and grill to w447 vito van. I`m buying new car and I have been thinking that I want to change bumber lot of better lookingone bumber if it will fit? Have someone tested? I have been thinking should I take van with parking system because I can`t get bumber whitout parking sensors holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts