Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz R350 / 2010 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My '07 R350 fob only works when I'm very close to the driver's door and the rear liftgate. Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you repair it? Is it a DIY task?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Folks,

My '07 R350 fob only works when I'm very close to the driver's door and the rear liftgate. Anyone else experience this? Visit AutoGuysLand to review car scan tool if you concern. If so, how did you repair it? Is it a DIY task?
Have you tried with new battery in remote?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I changed the battery a couple of times. The issue still remains.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only have one fob for my 07 R Class.

I'm actually having issues with my CLS fob as well, but only in downtown Chicago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my 3rd post - I hope I can help - I am a national Remote Control aircraft pilot for Team Canada in 3 different flying areas. We leverage wireless technology to do some truly amazing things...and in this sport you get really good at detecting and correcting wireless issues.

Key fobs are typically Bluetooth radio devices (short range 2.4 ghz) and as such there are two critical things to consider in a 2.4 Ghz wireless device - This is true for almost any Radio transmission system.

1) Battery power and appropriate voltage = range. as soon as you go over or under the recommended voltage for your device you immediately experience range issues - go to high and you create noise and go to low and you dont have any range. Simply charging does not mean you have proper voltage , find the correct expected voltage for the thing and then use a multi meter to test if the battery is producing desired voltage under load - if yes then its time to look at the Receiver side - check thew same things - voltage under load, then go to area #2

2) Antennas - you device will have some sort of antenna - either a strip or a coax wire with a silver tip. Make sure this has perfect solder joints - if for some reason you see frayed strands that will reduce range and create noise. Also check the Receiver side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts