Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock chrome wheels on my 08 W221 running 255/45/18 tires. The stock 18s look small on the S-Class IMO and want to get something to fill wheel well better. I am looking for some recommendations for wheel/tire combo.

This is a daily driver and I am from Chicago, so we have notorious pot holes. Being a daily driver I want to maintain the comfort ride and not have to worry about bent rims. I am thinking either 19 or 20 and would like a wider rear wheel depending on what can fit.

I have always been a fan of deep dish rims, but concave wheels are getting my attention these days.

I have the winter wheel/tire combo with Dunlop SP winter M3s mounted currently and chromes stored away. These new wheels will be for summer time only.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,916 Posts
My usual recommendation is find Mercedes wheels that fit, but I like the Mercedes look and not so much the custom look. And the post above is from close to 7 years ago.

The other thing is I would never recommend 19 or 20 inch wheels in a city where potholes are plentiful. The 18's are a better ride for that ... don't get me started on chrome!

Truthfully it is all personal taste though.

Are you looking for new wheels?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts