Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some recent photos of my S550 and 600. Weather has been pretty bad here on the East Coast but had a slight break in the rain today.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow the 600 is such a beauty even after all these years...it's just as big as the S550 and somewhat gangsta looking too lol. How's the upkeep like?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
I'm afraid to ask how they compare fearing the W100 will kill the W221. :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In town, I think the 600 is a better choice. It has a more forgiving ride. The S550 definitely outshines it in the twisties and ont he freeway. I think of the 600 as more of a parade car. One that is best used on shorter trips like to dinner rather than for a road trip. The S550 has so many more features. That is not to say that the W100 was advanced for its era (1965-1972 for the U.S. market). FYI, as you can imagine the 600 has more presence. The S500 seems to blend in with the scenary, except with doormen, who all seem to want to check out the model number in the back in case it was an S600 or S65 (only to be somewhat let down).

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi,
that's a beautiful car(s600), actually both are.
i'm wondering where do you get the spare parts for it and is it expensive?
how many miles and what year is it?

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
I spent some time re-building classic cars in Hong Kong. The last one we did was a Rolls Royce 1965 model but it is way outshined by the car you have just given us guys pics of. I love all Vintage Mercedes:thumbsup: Must admit it looks like a car that should be parked outside the Cremlin in Russia:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for compliments. I drive the 600 less than a 1,000 miles a year. And yes, maintenance can be quite high. Primarilly because it is old and things tend to deteriorate over time, especially anything natural such as rubber, cloth, leather, etc. I had it refurbished/refreshed two years ago my Karl Middelhauve, a 600 expert who used to live outside Philly. Unfortunately, he is now in Wisconsin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a good "Kremilin" like shot.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts