Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t get a torque on the nuts in the firewall. Anyone know the tightness needed on the wishbone? Up and down movement by feel or suggestion on how to get torque? Doesn’t seem to make sense to torque the bolt side rather than the nut

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can’t get a torque on the nuts in the firewall. Anyone know the tightness needed on the wishbone? Up and down movement by feel or suggestion on how to get torque? Doesn’t seem to make sense to torque the bolt side rather than the nut
W221 2007 s550

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,790 Posts
All of the torque values are in the doc I posted in your first thread about this.

• Self-locking nut of upper wishbone on front
    • Stage 1 Nm 50 (There is no stage 2 so this is the final torque for the bolts through the top)
  • Self-locking nut, upper wishbone follower (ball joint nut)
    • Stage 1 Nm 20 joint to steering knuckle
    • Stage 2 ° 90 - means torque to 20Nm, then turn an additional 90deg tighter.
As for tooling, the tools at the end of the doc show the special insert torque wrench, including the open-end and box inserts that would be used to torque those nuts. Like this one from Hazet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for sharing your knowledge I feel more comfortable with this project!
Now to find those torque attachments locally!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got the strut and the wishbone on. Put the key in and get “please remove key”warning !! Start the car and get ABS and ESP currently not available !!

Any thoughts please

Thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,790 Posts
One thing that comes to mind is the ABS sensor in the steering knuckle, perhaps not connected or possibly damaged during the wishbone operation?

No idea on the key, never have seen that message, unless you are talking about the message reminding you to remove your key before you leave the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts