Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 S550,trunk opens from door panel, from remote control, from trunk button but doesn't goes up automatically, needs to be open by hand and same way to close.
The open and close red button doesn't illuminate.
It was working fine before until the day i left the trunk opened for about an 40minutes, then the close button didn't illuminate and i pressed, it didn't close the trunk.

Since then, I have been slamming and pulling it manually. I tested the voltage going to the switch, i got 11+ voltage. So I replaced the Trunk lock close button switch, but still didn't illuminate.

Does any one know which fuse controls the close button switch? or is there anything else since i got 11volt from one of the switch wires?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,911 Posts
The closest fuse diagram I have to your model year is for a 2010; but it shows four fuses, 70, 74, 80 and 131 related to remote trunk opening/closing. You can find the locations (and verify the fuse numbers) with your car's fuse diagram (often found wrapped around a tool in the spare tire well; sometimes placed by prior owners with the rest of your operator manuals). You will also find a link to that 2010 fuse diagram in our DIY & FAQ stickies (above the gray line on the first page of this forum). The four DIY and FAQ "stickies" are essentially our "encyclopedia" on the W221, and the entries are categorized by the affected system (Electrical, in this case).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The closest fuse diagram I have to your model year is for a 2010; but it shows four fuses, 70, 74, 80 and 131 related to remote trunk opening/closing. You can find the locations (and verify the fuse numbers) with your car's fuse diagram (often found wrapped around a tool in the spare tire well; sometimes placed by prior owners with the rest of your operator manuals). You will also find a link to that 2010 fuse diagram in our DIY & FAQ stickies (above the gray line on the first page of this forum). The four DIY and FAQ "stickies" are essentially our "encyclopedia" on the W221, and the entries are categorized by the affected system (Electrical, in this case).
Thank you Skylaw,

All these fuses number u mentioned are for doors, and something else.

i don't have any fuse diagram anywhere in the car. internet has not helped finding one either.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,911 Posts
See attachments.
Sorting through the documents konigstiger so kindly provided, one can see that fuse 70 has to do with a right front door control unit; fuse 74 powers remote trunk closing; fuse 80 powers the left front door control unit; and fuse 131's relationship is a bit unclear with respect to the trunk (likely, a difference between your car and mine). You didn't say whether your car was left or right hand drive; but the button that opens/closes the trunk from the door is controlled by either fuse 70 or 80. However, with fuse 74 clearly shown as controlling the automatic trunk opening/closing, that's where I would start. It is shown in the dash panel, right side.

If you cannot locate a fuse diagram for your car, your dealer can order one.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,874 Posts
This is the partial scan of the diagram that came with my 2008 S550. Sorry for the lack of a full diagram but I'm in the middle of renovating my home office and that folded-up piece of gold is tucked away in a box somewhere.

First one here is for the right hand side (end panel) of the dashboard.

Second is for the left hand side (end panel) of the dashboard

Third is the panel behind and below the rear seat center armrest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts